8 Inch med revue... (1 Viewer)

yoshi

The poster is hilarious enough anyway!

A good call I heard from one of the 8-inch pimps was "Come and see 8-Inch because, unlike your boyfriend, we don't lie about our length!"

B

Bambul

Wasn't as good as last years Med Revue (Toad Stools Episode Poo: Attack of the Colons), but it did have its funny bits. Like Osama trying to explain to an American soldier the difference between "Iran" and "I ran" or the Iraqi Information Minister running gags.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Seeing it on Satuday...so it'll be too late to give you my verdict then, eh?

Anyway...do go and see it, all money raised goes to Red Cross. Also, my friends are in it.

kini mini

HSC
I got someone to buy me a ticket for Saturday, hopefully it'll be worth the money :p. Did anyone else meet the singing pimps at the Anzac Pde crossing this morning? They were awful! :p

The giant dick wandering around uni was good publicity too :p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
The guy dressed up as the giant dick is a guy from chem eng:D He went up to one of my friends when they were eating lunch and yelled "SUCK ME!!!" :p

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, the guy in the dick changes apparently...one of the med students walked into our biochemistry lecture with the dick on the other day.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
well i went tonight and it was bloody funny! man i havent laughed that much...ever. those med students are comedy geniuses but i would have liked them to stop with the music tho and stick with the skits.

Na to Cl - 'look ive got an electron...'

and

'the next train to arrive on platforms 5, 6, 7 and 8 will be comming in sideways'

ROFL

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
sorry i'm ignorant (and not from UNSW) what is the med revue?? is it some sort of play or comedy thing..? my unsw friends are all going but i kind of forgot to ask what it was.

maniacguy

med revue's not bad - some skits are good, some running jokes keep going for too long, but all up, it's a good show.

'this week on 24 - a shocking twist!'

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Did they stay for the lecture?:p
I think Dr. Edwards would have killed them.

sorry i'm ignorant (and not from UNSW) what is the med revue?? is it some sort of play or comedy thing..?
It's a comedy sketch show usually about something med-related and gory...this year it was rather obsessed with everything penile...

Well, I saw it last night. T'was good, parts of it were very funny, others were a little sad...but you could tell everyone was really into it, that was awesome. I liked the Arts degree song.

"Sometimes I feel like a lanthanide..." now does it ever get better than this? ;)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy

It's a comedy sketch show usually about something med-related and gory...this year it was rather obsessed with everything penile...
It was called 8 Inch, what did you expect? :p

Well, I saw it last night. T'was good, parts of it were very funny, others were a little sad...but you could tell everyone was really into it, that was awesome. I liked the Arts degree song.

"Sometimes I feel like a lanthanide..." now does it ever get better than this? ;)
Yeah, the arts degree song was fantastic :D

There was the odd flat bit, and I wish the loudmouthed wanker sitting 5m behind me could have shut up ( the guy who was always yelling Marco/Polo and laughing at random....), but overall it was really good, worth $10 :).

Hmmm the people who hadn't done chem has no idea what the lanthanide bit meant, it was a bit of an in-joke :p. Then again, if you weren't a UNSW student you wouldn't have understood parts of It's Almost a Useful Degree either, in-jokes aren't necessarily bad :D.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
i wonder if they will make a DVD or Video of the revue? they should it would raise more money for starters:D
I was sitting behind the video people, they were using ordinary DV cameras. If they worked over several nights and compiled footage it would be pretty decent, not really DVD quality though - SVCD at most.

rhapsody_75

oops this was meant to be in here - *sitting duck mode*

a friend of mine was in it. thought it was funny, although a few of the jokes fell a little flat. went on friday, which he said was the best night. quite honestly, the most amusing part of it all for us was when he was on stage and seeing him dance. lol. :p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I saw it last night and I thought it was great:D
"welcome to club mac. may I take your order?
please drive thru to the next window to pick up your degree." :lol:

"some symptoms of being a dickhead include having trouble saying sorry, invading other ppls countries, not saying sorry when you invade other ppls countries"

Na: I thought you were at the pool bonding with magnesium
Cl: I wouldnt do that because I find you so much more attractive :p

I hope they do release a video or something of it.

"THIS IS NOT THE END!! THERE IS NO END! THERE IS NO MED REVUE!!!!"

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

I wish the loudmouthed wanker sitting 5m behind me could have shut up ( the guy who was always yelling Marco/Polo and laughing at random....)
I think those guys were actually part of the cast. They were sitting a few rows behind me and they walked in late, and left as soon as interval started. Other theory could be that they were really, really enthusiastic, and went every night.

Hmmm the people who hadn't done chem has no idea what the lanthanide bit meant, it was a bit of an in-joke :p.
Yeah, well I was sitting with four friends, and 3 of them are Arts students. They kept asking me what was funny about the whole NaCl thing.

Who did you go with, kini? Funny how you were there, I was there, mannndy was there, and yet...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy

I think those guys were actually part of the cast. They were sitting a few rows behind me and they walked in late, and left as soon as interval started. Other theory could be that they were really, really enthusiastic, and went every night.
Maybe, but the weird laughter? :p. I think they might have been the ones I saw drinking outside beforehand.

Yeah, well I was sitting with four friends, and 3 of them are Arts students. They kept asking me what was funny about the whole NaCl thing.
How did they react to the Arts song? :p

Who did you go with, kini? Funny how you were there, I was there, mannndy was there, and yet...
I was with a couple of law friends, also met other people I knew there. I didn't see mannnndy and we have met before, I had a quick chat to turtle_2468 before the show though :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)