psyc1001 / 9xxx (1 Viewer)

----

HSC
N/A
hey all,

i bought the text book "exploring psychology" today, quite interesting, but it has nothing related to the work we did in lectures. how the hell r we meant to study for it? and wats the point of buying the book if nothings in there (i couldnt find it).

P.S. im just stressed b'cos i missed some lectures due to subject clashes and dont know how to catch up (apart from listening to the lectures online--cos i cant understand a word)

thxx

wind

HSC
About missing out on lectures, there are the lecture notes, which you can download.

Reading these and listening to the recordings should make things clearer.

----

HSC
N/A
yeah there are actually, but i dont wanna listen to them :( , and also im hopeless at making notes, I learn more by reading a boook. oh well im stuffed

BlackMamba

HSC
---- said:
yeah there are actually, but i dont wanna listen to them :( , and also im hopeless at making notes, I learn more by reading a boook. oh well im stuffed
Actually the text book does relate to what we have done in some of the lectures.... like chapter 3 is all about what we did in the last lecture we had.... i think its the fact that u ve had to miss some of the lectures that u seem slightly lost. i sympathise.... It sucks falling behind, personaly i dont like the ilectures too much....

But listen i havent missed any of the lectures yet and what i do is i make notes and later when he puts up his Lecture notes on webct, i print those out and transfer the notes i made during the lecture onto them and i have done that for every Psyc lecture we ve had till today.... if u want to look at them i ll be happy to help u out, maybe it will make more sense to u then.

So yeah dont stress to much abt it, i am sure u ll be fine, but if u really cant listen to the ilectures, buzz me and i ll be happy to help.

Last edited:

----

HSC
N/A
BlackMamba said:
Actually the text book does relate to what we have done in some of the lectures.... like chapter 3 is all about what we did in the last lecture we had.... i think its the fact that u ve had to miss some of the lectures that u seem slightly lost. i sympathise.... It sucks falling behind, personaly i dont like the ilectures too much....

But listen i havent missed any of the lectures yet and what i do is i make notes and later when he puts up his Lecture notes on webct, i print those out and transfer the notes i made during the lecture onto them and i have done that for every Psyc lecture we ve had till today.... if u want to look at them i ll be happy to help u out, maybe it will make more sense to u then.

So yeah dont stress to much abt it, i am sure u ll be fine, but if u really cant listen to the ilectures, buzz me and i ll be happy to help.
hey, thanks for the reply, quite comforting actually. I'm ok now, i managed to make the notes (quite crappy lol------but u learn from practise i guess) for 2 lectures so far from the ilectures (after repeating couple of times--i understood what the lecturer was saying :) ). And probably read ch 3 to see what i've missed.

thanks alot, cheers

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Most books I bought in first year didnt relate to the course at all.

If you stick to the readers, youre fine, but most textbooks are a rip.

qwertyuiop123

HSC
Yeah true Blackmamba. I found the book heaps useful because I didn't get all the things in the lecture.
Texts are bloody expensive though. I'm running low on cash now. Are you psyc people planning on getting recommended texts?? I heard we shouldn't buy them

btw how hot is our dean!!!! go professor pete!!!

doingHSC

HSC
just a question, when's the exam on monday.... 11 am or 2 am lecture?

wind

HSC
It'd be during the Methodology lecture, making it the 2PM one (not the 2AM one :p)

You can attend either the one on Monday or the one on Wednesday. However, both exams will be different and you won't be able to scam the questions of a friend.

I still don't even know what we're being tested on!

doingHSC

HSC
wind said:
It'd be during the Methodology lecture, making it the 2PM one (not the 2AM one :p)

You can attend either the one on Monday or the one on Wednesday. However, both exams will be different and you won't be able to scam the questions of a friend.

I still don't even know what we're being tested on!
ohk thx. my tutor told me to read chapter 3 in the myers book and thats it. Dunno if we should also revise the lecture stuff.

wind

HSC
Yeah, I've already made notes for chapter 3 of Myers.

Probably go back and read them soon :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)