Social Aspects of Deviance - Gen Ed? (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Hey,

Has anyone actually done this gen ed before? (Or know anyone who's done this gen ed before?)

It's run by the Arts faculty, and it's on this winter. It's only three days, but I'd like to know what the assessments are based on. (ie exam/essays/etc).

Otherwise is there any other way of finding out how it's assessed?

Jaded Member
HSC
Actually, no.
If you read the date on that post it was what... ten months ago?
I ended up doing the gen ed, biggest mistake in choosing gen eds to date.
Truly, truly awful.

Jaded Member
HSC
Uhh. yeah. It was't as exciting as you'd think.
A couple of the girls didn't make it back on the bus... I think they escaped while they could. This is their stuff...

Seriously, the topics are okay-ish but I didn't like the way they presented the course. Also I came into contact with a lot of stupid people, and that's no big deal until you have to put up with their stupid opinions. We had a lecture from an ex-inmate who took an hour to explain to us that manslaughter is okay because his stepfather was a drunk and he was from a low socioeconomic background and therefore he was never taught the skills to act in a socially appropriate manner. Fair enough, if you grow up in a socioeconomically shitty background you're gonna be predisposed to a range of things including violent behaviour, but this fool was taking no responsibility for his crime at all. During the whole lecture there was absolutely no remorse or compassion for his dead wife or children, but he insisted that gaols should be abolished in favour of "medium-security universities" (I kid you not) where screwups like him could learn how to act appropriately. And the idiots in my class who agreed with him... Oh shoot me now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)