Embryology (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Is there such a course in UNSW called Embryology?? something to do with IVF and helping people to make babies??
And what is the UAI for this course??

Giant Lobster

HSC
The question is why on earth would u wanna do that? its so gross...
ewww underdeveloped humans.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
gross?? I think it comes down to interest Giant Lobster.
I went to the Anatomy excursion earlier this year to UNSW museum to see dead body organs. If that's not enough, the first/second year medical students were poking a dead leg, and the body in the examination room or something.
So it's obvious little embryoes wouldn't be as gross (if that's what you want to call it) as a real interstinal of a human body. :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Whoa thats gross... since when do med students get to poke human parts? where do they get em?! omg...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
They got them from donors!! Once the body is dead, they give it to UNSW so that the older students can use them, I think after those students finish with them, it's being cut into pieces without the skin. then the first/second year student can reuse it. Unfortunately, by observation on that day, they didn't quite treat the dead body with much respect, they used that metal tool to poke at it rather than EXAMINATE it.
(the smell of the room is weird)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
lol me and my friend went to the museum of disease and lets just say hes not too keen on getting into med anymore :D.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i remember going there on open day, they had loads of jars comtaining body parts floating in yellow liquid. in fact everything was yellow. everywhere. quite an eyeopening experience.

Not A Carrot

Originally posted by Survivor39
Unfortunately, by observation on that day, they didn't quite treat the dead body with much respect, they used that metal tool to poke at it rather than EXAMINATE it.
(the smell of the room is weird)
Well, you need to use a probe to see the deeper structures of the limb/organ. You can't really see much from the surface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)