how 2 apply for scholarship (1 Viewer)

haz_it_all

hey every1 im in yr 12 at the moment and i was jus wonderin how u wuld go about applying for a scholarship...do the scholarships allow u to do any course? and is the scholarship based on just the uai or does it involve interviews etc Would i have to apply now or after i recieve my uai?. .....any additional information would be excellent...thanks alot in advance

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The answers to many of these questions depend on which particular scholarship you wan't to go for ...

maniacguy

As a general rule, there are two kinds of scholarship:
- those based on UAI only - these are usually given out automatically to those who qualify and obviously can't be awarded until you have your UAI
- those with interview components as well - these probably have their own application forms (see the university involved for details), and you'd usually have to apply before you've gotten your UAI (not always, but usually)

The scholarships specify the courses you have to be doing to be eligible (e.g. any course, B Com only, B Sc only, etc.)

haz_it_all

jus 1 more question....i was lookin at the co-op scholarships and it says they also judge u on stuff other than ur acedmic abilities....wat kind of stuf is that? like playin in soccer teams n shit lol

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
jus 1 more question....i was lookin at the co-op scholarships and it says they also judge u on stuff other than ur acedmic abilities....wat kind of stuf is that? like playin in soccer teams n shit lol
Get the form to see what they mean. Co-op has an interview process, and they also look for extra-cirriculum/leadership skills ...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
they look acedemically first to decide who should be allowed interview then they take account of your non acedemic skills.

I heard some guy with a UAI of 82 managed to get a scholarship at UTS for accounting so i guess its possible if you don't have that great acedemic skills

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Ragerunner
I heard some guy with a UAI of 82 managed to get a scholarship at UTS for accounting so i guess its possible if you don't have that great acedemic skills
WTF !!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Ask your careers advisor. They'll have the forms and brochures you need.

If you don't like them or whatever, go to your year advisor or principal. Same applies.

Depending on the scholarship you may have to fill in an application, attend an interview, or both of the above. Some require extracurricular activities (sports, leadership skills, volunteer work) and some require you to be from a particular cultural or socioeconomic background (eg. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, women-only, particular schools).

Some scholarships ask your school for a UAI estimate.

Patricio

UNSW Member
maniacguy,

my scholarship didn't depend on my UAI (just as long as I got into the course I wanted to -the course wasn't specified in the application either, like there was no course that you NEEDED to do to get the scholarship), and I definitely didn't have to sit an interview, and it wasn't a financial assistance one either.

to the student wanting one, get the brochure from UNSW scholarships unit, or ask them to send it to you they are at www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au

RedStz

True Scorpian
Isn't UNSW scholarship a bit different to others? like the applicaiton form is asking for your UAI mark and whether you are enrolled in UNSW,
i think year12 students can only apply for scholarship next year when they are actually study a course right????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)