Thoughts on the 2015 HSC (1 Viewer)

claire_isabel

HSC
Congrats on finishing fellow students of Ancient History!
Share your thoughts here
And let me know what a spirgul is?

lightthefuze

HSC
Congrats on finishing fellow students of Ancient History!
Share your thoughts here
And let me know what a spirgul is?
Thanks!
You too!
A strigil is used to scrape the oil and dirt off clients backs when they go to the baths, usually done by a slave. This is done after the go into the caldarium I think, if not that then before the frigidarium.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

BzR_My

HSC
Joke of an exam, First time in my life I saw that God from question 1. Role of the Kings was suprisingly there too..... and Julio-Claudians question was on Seneca....

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Joke of an exam, First time in my life I saw that God from question 1. Role of the Kings was suprisingly there too..... and Julio-Claudians question was on Seneca....
It was the God Bacchus. He was wearing grape vines and he is a mystic cult, but yeah I was a bit thrown by the question at first and then I recognised it from archaeological evidence.

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
What was the P and H Source book picture of the two roosters in a mosaic at the House of the Faun and how did it relate to leisure activities?? I got confused and begun linking it to the idea of the gladiator entertainment and how pompeiians relished animal shows such as battles between different beasts but I don't recall specifically birds fighting?? Please put me out of my misery and tell me how the picture related to leisure activities, I tried googling it and can't find any direct info. lol, I said that it was cockfighting but I was thinking of Spartan leisure activities.

jackleung34

HSC
What was the P and H Source book picture of the two roosters in a mosaic at the House of the Faun and how did it relate to leisure activities?? I got confused and begun linking it to the idea of the gladiator entertainment and how pompeiians relished animal shows such as battles between different beasts but I don't recall specifically birds fighting?? Please put me out of my misery and tell me how the picture related to leisure activities, I tried googling it and can't find any direct info. lol, I said that it was cockfighting but I was thinking of Spartan leisure activities.
in terms of P&H, the two roosters would be a pic of cockfights. Along with dice games(6 sided dies were found), they would go under probabling gambling as bets would have been placed rofl which would obviously be one of the leisure activites alongside others such as baths,theatre,gladatorial games etc

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I have seen that god many times, in almost all the exams the teacher has given us, and in a few powerpoints we have been given

the pictures of the roosters I said were saying a popular past time was watching cockfighting, and betting on it.
I have noticed a few people on HSC discussion group 2015 said the same thing, that it was for cockfighting.

-

There were two questions that I couldnt answer well, and one of them I did not study for.

I couldnt answer well the Amun Preisthood for Hatshepsut nor the Spartan kings role (even though I went through that with my teacher yesterday)

jerresaaa

HSC
Political question in P+H would've been gr8, cursing when during reading time when I found out the 6 marker was on leisure life, and despised the ethical issues question. Happy when I realised the gods multiple choice question was the same as the CSSA question.

Sparta was pretty good, surprised they examined role of kings again

Alexander the Great wasn't that good imo, could've asked about Philip's reforms instead of Alexander's death

Terribly disappointed with Augustan Age because they didn't have a propaganda question and i had a solid essay if it came up. Was happy that there was a princeps question tho as I didn't expect > didn't revise imperial family as they asked about it in the past 2-3 years

tfw english

HSC
Pompeii wasn't too bad. Pretty decent questions, had to stretch ethics a bit though

Persian society wasn't too bad up until the 15 marker, bit tough but not awful

Xerxes was pretty shit, the questions were a huge stretch for the marks allocated to them, but so thankful I went over my stuff for building programs and his invasion last night.

Greek world part b) was a god send, it was very similar to our trial essay which we spent two lessons on for feedback!

Not a bad exam, so glad it's over

UNCLE ROLFY

HSC
FUK YEEEEEEEEE YAAEEEEEEE :spzz: EEEEEEEEEEEE M898888888888887077777777777777777777777777777 PINGAA :spzz: AAAAAA_AU

evasharman

HSC
Very easy exam - I was pretty shocked.
P+H was straightfoward, no really tricky questions like usual.
Sparta role of kings would have gotten a few people as well as inferiors I imagine but I think my stuff was alright.
I feel like I screwed up Hatty's relationship with Priesthood of Amun a little but we'll live. Building programs a piece of cake!
NKE questions were incredibly straightfoward > literally the first and easiest dotpoint (hyksos) or warrior pharaoh which can be applied to so many aspects of like.
Overall I'm pretty happy, although I thought it was a very fair exam.

jackleung34

HSC
yo guys wtf for sparta kings part did you guys provide any actual evidence for their roles i had nuffin lads R.I.P.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Hoping for over 90 raw. I predicted ethics for P and H were in exam but i didnt prep for that lol. Didnt like that question. xerxes building program was a describe question for 10 marks.. dunno if i included enough.. i went on discussing the significance. But yeah overall it was an easy exam

Natasha Romanoff

HSC
What the heck were those Julio-Claudian questions... They picked two of the suckiest dot points and made us choose

lightthefuze

HSC
Political question in P+H would've been gr8, cursing when during reading time when I found out the 6 marker was on leisure life, and despised the ethical issues question. Happy when I realised the gods multiple choice question was the same as the CSSA question.

Sparta was pretty good, surprised they examined role of kings again

Alexander the Great wasn't that good imo, could've asked about Philip's reforms instead of Alexander's death

Terribly disappointed with Augustan Age because they didn't have a propaganda question and i had a solid essay if it came up. Was happy that there was a princeps question tho as I didn't expect > didn't revise imperial family as they asked about it in the past 2-3 years
I agree, ugh :(

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum = 20-25/25 (Great Section)
Mycenaean Society = 18-23/25 (The 3 Marker Threw me off)
Cleopatra VII = 18-22/25 (Not amazing at essays but great questions)
Fall of the Republic = 18-22/25 (Again not amazing at essay but caesar's role in the fotr was fookin mint)

Predicted = 75-92/100

RachJ123

HSC
Bruhhhhh, I wasn't taught what a strigil was so that's one mark gone AHAHAHAHA
But my honest opinions was that the exam was beautifully made!! Past papers weren't as good as this years one so I'm happy
Pompeii and Herculaneum was AMAYYYYZINGGGGGG, Sparta was great as well, Hatshepsut's essay questions were on point and NKE was legit a miracle!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)