General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

rowcache

HSC
What were your thoughts on the Exam?

I thought is was easyish, multiple choice was easy, the international mobility of labour and the stimulus based response threw me a bit.

Interested to see what the cut off are for it.

jack2230

HSC
International labour mobility was a little dodgy, the extended responses were quite good and not unexpected - economic growth and external stability. Anyone have an idea as to what they think the B6 cutoff will be?

:hammer:

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Short answer and MC were extremely easy. I finished with 2 hours left for the extended response. The only thing I fucked up was the final extended response for 27/28. Fucking only wrote 3 pages. FML Acually, both extended responses were hard as fuck. I did 25 that was mediocre. I wrote 7 pages for that but I knew I could have done better. I was in rush mode. 27 and 28. I knew jack shit about both. Ffssss throughout all my eco years, it's the extended response that ass fucks me. fuck uuuu. I also didn't have time to draw graphs. ffsssss. fking hell.

/rant
I admit MC and short answer were harder this year, but i didn't give a fuck because if you studied, it was fucking easy.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
not gonna lie the short answers were quite unconventional and MC was pretty difficult imo. Fuck me dead the 90+ raw dream is over
I agree with the short answer part. Drew on lots of aspects of the syllabus I feel. Probably one of the hardest economics papers I've seen, if only because of how abstract it was.

atargainz

HSC
I agree with the short answer part. Drew on lots of aspects of the syllabus I feel. Probably one of the hardest economics papers I've seen, if only because of how abstract it was.
yahhhh one of the hardest i've done/seen, and i've done a lot of past papers :(

Ekman

HSC
I thought the paper was harder than previous years. The mc was more difficult, especially how most questions had two answers that were correct but one was more correct.

Edit: I knew case study was going to be asked as short answer, but was hoping it to be about eco development though

Last edited:

aanthnnyyy

HSC
Both short answers and multiple choice threw me off a bit. Pretty unconventional and difficult compared to the past .... Essay questions weren't as I had hoped. Hoping band 6 cutoff will save me

Ekman

HSC
Kinda disappointed they didnt ask about depreciation or cad directly, rather just asking how the macro policy mix can achieve economic stability

Ekman

HSC
I talked to my teacher about band cut offs, apparently the band 5 cut off should be much lower this year and the band 6 cut off should be lower by like 1 or 2 marks

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
I talked to my teacher about band cut offs, apparently the band 5 cut off should be much lower this year and the band 6 cut off should be lower by like 1 or 2 marks
How much do you reckon for 85?

frunobulax

HSC
N/A
Correct. 1/MPS =1.0/0.2 = 5. Multiplier (k) is 5 so Investment of 200 yields a 5 fold increase = 1,000 increase in Income

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
mc was aiight, short answers was fairly difficult. essay questions doe... fuarrk.. i ddidnt write enough.. 4-5pages for both

sy37

HSC
I found the short answers easy, finished them + multiple choice in bit over one hour. Multiple choice was quite perplexing.

Expecting 14/20, 35/40 minimum for section II, and around 50-60% for the essays (or maybe more / less I have no idea how econ essays work I just dump everything I know :D)

Hoping for a band 5...

*edit* got 17/20 in MC, potentially 19 but forgot what I put for two questions

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)