sibt (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
i just wanna know any students who did or are doing sibt at macq and whether it is recommendable and also how likely is it for students to go on to study at macq?

thanks

ediisjoz

HSC
My brother studied at SIBT in 2004... hes doing uni part time and hes at Macquarie now doing Commerce Accounting... like 2nd year.. i think most people go on to study at macquarie unless they dont want to.. im not 100% sure though.

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
I'm currently at SIBT now. No, really. I'm in the computer lab at this very moment. It's my last week before exams, then I'll be at Macquarie in the first semester of this year.

I'd definetly recommend SIBT, class sizes are smaller than Mq and apparently the material is spread out over a slightly longer semester. Also, if you do a standard diploma (as opposed to advanced), you can do three units in your first two trimesters, and two units in your last trimester. Although you can definetly opt to do more if you wish.

I'll be finishing up here with a GPA of 3.0, a credit average. It's been pretty good here, I'd definetly recommend it if you can't get direct entry to Macquarie.

As for how likely you are to go on to second-year Macquarie, well that's all up to you. Do well and you're guaranteed entry to a second-year Macquarie course. You just need to complete 8 subjects, with at least 7 passes, and a GPA of 1.5 or better. Although higher-demand courses such as Applied Finance require a GPA of 2.25.

It's just like first year Macquarie, except there's a lot more international students here, it's like 80% international students, and 20% local students. Definetly consider it, just apply yourself and avoid failing any subjects and you'll be in a second-year Macquarie degree before you know it.

Time to go to my Stats tutorial, good luck with it. Message me if you got any questions.

Cheers,
Luke.

ShopOholic

HSC
Hey all,

Im looking into going to SIBT next year, have been interested in it for a while (even more so since i didnt get the UAI needed /wanted to get into a maq degree)...

Ive been told nothing but great things about the uni and there courses so im going to go to SIBT to get into either an arts or media degree (not quite sure what i want to do yet)...

But first things first, got to save some money to go there lol...

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
ShopOholic, you can apply for FEE-HELP at SIBT. It's exactly like HECS, no different. That's what I'm doing.

ShopOholic

HSC
lol yeah i am going to be applying for that but i still need to save money to move and live there - Syd is so expensive!!!!..but....every penny will be worth it....
I plan to live on campus for a year but im not sure whether or not to live there the 1st year, when i'l be at SIBT, or my 2nd year (if i make it!!)?!

Anyway, guess i'l worry bout that if i get in 1st or if i have enough money saved to live on campus lol...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I suggest you find some accomodation around the place, on campus living is expensive from what i hear :)

ShopOholic

HSC
mmm.... on campus living is expensive, but when you calculate your expenses for living off campus, there isnt too much difference...and i really want to live on campus...even if i dont live there for a full year....

So can anyone tell me what DML / RM college is like? or should i make this question a new post? Only reason i dont really want to is that i can imagine a big war will start in the thread and my question will get side-tracked lol...ive heard really good things bout DML but not much on RM...

ShopOholic

HSC
lol well its happened in other uni accommodation threads thats all...didnt want to cause tension between people like it has previously done so

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe, most people here live off-campus, and for the most part, MQ'ers are a happy bunch :)

ShopOholic

HSC
Yeah lol i started to figure that out since theres no previous detailed threads on accommodation...and yes, i agree, MQer's are definately a happier bunch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)