"i Don't Understand!" (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
:'(

Has anyone ever felt like this whilst going through their course reader?

I'm going through my course reader for tommorrow, and none of my soc289 readings are making the slightest bit of sense - plus they're couched in the really unforgiving, hardcore type of language which generally turns me off. We were warned in advance that we might not really understand what was being covered in the first week, but I have such a total lack of understanding that I just feel really bad about turning up "unprepared" tomorrow. :S Hopefully everyone else will rock on up to the tute and go "omg what the %#$ were those readings about?" however there is always the possibility I will be the only dumb duck there and well, I'm sure I don't need to explain that :S

Sympathy, empathy, advice or chocolate would be greatly appreciated right now. We already have comfort pizza...! lol

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I went through this the other week with my property law. Every 10th word I had to look up in a dictionary - it was very disheartening :(

But, I can promise you that most (if not everyone) will be as lost as you. The tutor clears a lot of it up, and also clarifies what is/is not of importance.

Dont worry! *hug* :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey matie, my friend is going through the same thing, she's doing B communications and I was with her while she was doing her readings and every two seconds she'de ask me what a "plastic brain, literacy brain" was... stuff she can't even look up in a dictionary. I only know what a plastic brain is coz i do psyche... she's in her FIRST year and her readings were extremely hard

Don't worry the tutor will clear a lot of it for you.

*hands u a half-eaten coconut/cherry keto chocolate bar*

cheer up chap, u'll be right *hug*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Of course you will worry that you will be the only one but I can be 100% sure that you're not. If everyone tomorrow sounds like they know what they are talking about, some of them will, but others won't so don't worry. When you ask around you'll always find a lot of people who feel the same way as you even if they don't make it obvious. In short, don't worry :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Welcome to my world...
I have that problem basically every week.

However i am yet to do any readings this semester so we shall see how things go.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy, dont stress! Im sure nobody understands the readings. I remember when i didnt get half of my law114 readings either, and as the weeks progressed i still had nfi what they were on about, and neither did most people in my tut. Its always a relief when you find that your class is collectively stupid. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)