accg250-quickbooks (1 Viewer)

*hopeful*

HSC
arghhh! this stupid quickbooks assign is killin me

i dont even know if im doin the rite thing......im still in the easy interview stage n i dont know wether i can just click 'leave' in the middle to get out of it n not lose all d other crap i put it before ? does my qstn even make sense?!

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Yeah Im doing accg250 too T_T I bloody fire away an email to my at first seemingly helpful tutor, asking her for ANY help coz I dont understand WTF ppl are talking about in the discussion boards, and the help files in quickbooks/textbook are sh!thouse as well.

she replies back, saying cant help you, look at the discussion boards. Grrrrr......WTF is the whole point of this then? Might as well do quickbooks by myself and do a separate course for this information systems in an ISYS unit. Uselss fks.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
yellowbrick said:
yeah change over to accg251, it's the easier one. both 250 n 251 are very similar in content, just the assessment weightings are slightly different. 251 is also the new course so the final exam may just be easier, compared with 250 which has been running for years and years.
exactly same txtbks are used btw, and our lecturer is pretty good. so y not make the change now?
NOD NOD!!! ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.
Except the part about easier exam for 251, I doubt that :p
But our Lecturer is definitely the best. Fun and interactive.
I heard ACCG250's ilecture, she sound a bit, hmm (u should know if u went her lectures)
So, I encouraged my friend to change over to 251.
BTW, are the tutors for 251 from the previous 250 course?

PS: yellowbrick, have u started your assignment?

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
yellowbrick said:
no I haven't yet looked at yet, when is it due? can't b as bad as 250 I'm guessing!
have you been reading the textbook and making notes? I'm finding I don't have time to do all that, but the tute q's seem alright.
It's due in wk6 from memory.

I've read the textbook and is now doing chap10 summary. Gees, it takes me ages to finish summarising >.< I'm lagging behind other homeworks. Need to catch up tonight.

So if u found someone in 251 lecture theatre with a small notebook, then that's me :p

PS: which tute u attend? How did your tutor teach like?

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
wats 251 ? i didnt even know such a sub existed...well its 2 late now

good ricez, i totally agree...how can we learn it ourselves wen the txtbkz crap.... im 2tally stuffed, i put my fixtures&fittings amount in wrong n now i cant edit it, i think i might have 2 start from the beginning......any1 got any ideas ?

ReaveR

HSC
Delete the entry and/or the account by going to Edit -> Delete, or Ctrl D.

I'm actually stuck, been stuck for a few days now, can't get rid of uncategorised income/expenses no matter what I do..

*hopeful*

HSC
at least u got that! i havent got any uncategorised values n i have no idea y not

ReaveR

HSC
I just happened to read someone saying the same thing in WebCT.

That's not you is it ;p

The uncategorised income/expense comes from QuickBooks automatically making an opposing entry for your accounts receiveable and payable when you specify them in the interview thing. So, presuming you did the interview bit right, they should be there.

Even if they're not you can go to the accounts payable/receivables and specify them there.

Edit: Btw, I've figured out why the uncategorised stuff won't go away. But we'll get to that later - seems you've got a fair bit to go.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
hehe i think it wuz

im pretty sure everything wuz rite in the easyinterview bit

so should i put it in ? isnt it better that i have no values neway....this assign gonna make me cry

btw do i put the uncategorised values in thru a journal entry ?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Rename Uncategorised stuff?
Wel, i'm working through chap by chap, did delete that account :p

*hopeful*

HSC
i dont get it
re-name it to wat ?? n then put the values in ?

omg sweetlemon u have 2 help me ~!

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
rename and merge to some uselss account and delete it :p That's if u can't delete this account

*hopeful*

HSC
ok my unadjusted trial balance matches the one they gave us except for dates.... anyone else have dis prob ?

Last edited:

ReaveR

HSC
No, you DON"T want to uncategorised values. So, if you don't have it then .. its probably better?

Also its important that the dates match

*hopeful*

HSC
do u know how 2 fix the date prob ? the discussion threads r 2 weird, no help at all.....
reaver have u done ur adjustments yet ? is it just a deposit 4 the 1st one ?

ReaveR

HSC
I just made sure all my transactions were at 30/06/2005 and I didn't run into any date problems.

And yeah, the student number one I put as a deposit.

*hopeful*

HSC
but as a deposit it asks where the money came from n stuff like that ?

some ppl on webct r talkin bout debiting cash n capital accounts...im so lost :`(

The_Adonis

HSC
when is this thing due?

Is it due tonight online??
The discussion threads lead me to believe I can submit it online before my tutorial, so I can do it Wednesday...

Thoughts?

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Yes you don't have to submit it online on Monday, you can submit it up to your tutorial time.

ReaveR says: I just made sure all my transactions were at 30/06/2005 and I didn't run into any date problems.

Yes that's what I did, just make all your dates 30/06/05 and your are good. Make sure you have no uncategorised income/expenses and a zero balance in the "Opening balance: equity" account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)