Is Macquarie University good, if you want to learn any science based courses? (1 Viewer)

Nugget_03

I'm not sure, but I was checking out the UAC guide and I was curious if Macqurie Uni is good if you want to learn any science courses??

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's just hasn't got the reputation for Sciences like USyd or UNSW... or maybe that's what I've been brainwashed to believe.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
It's just hasn't got the reputation for Sciences like USyd or UNSW... or maybe that's what I've been brainwashed to believe.
yeah but the teaching is just as good right?
i can't decide whether i'm going for rep or not. if it's just as easy to get a job then i spose it doesn't matter

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Gettin' a job will require more than a Uni rep. - something I'm counting on. :p

The teaching is just as good or just as shody... I mean they'll be good solid teachers (lecturers and tutors) and they'll be shockers...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, so then that means macq is just as good as all the others. and so there is nothing wrong with learning science courses there
Gettin' a job will require more than a Uni rep. - something I'm counting on. :p
macq has a good rep anyway, just because it's like the lowest of the main 3 is it? people worry

but then maybe i'm trying to talk myself into it....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
it's not as good as the others
if you can make it into unsw, then go. If you cant make it, then deres mq. That's what I think for science at mq.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Depends on travel really. I'm a lazy. So MQ was closest by far.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
it's not as good as the others
if you can make it into unsw, then go. If you cant make it, then deres mq. That's what I think for science at mq.
ok
y do u think that

Depends on travel really. I'm a lazy. So MQ was closest by far.
yeah i'm not going to unsw coz of the travel

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mmm
but ihave to day brand name has nothing to do with quality of teaching

the peers thing could be true, because being surrounded with smart ppl makes u learn more, and u compete 2 b with them, but on the other hand it could b off putting

still, that isn't the quality of teaching

then again, the q is - is it good for science courses, so i can c ur point, but i dunno

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
...well the uni establishes a brandname because its graduates perform well...which is a product of quality teaching. I don't do any science courses besides advanced maths (for our unit, becoz we're actuaries, they packed 2 standard units into 1. So we're all rushed. So that doesnt represent science at mq), so i cant really give u any info on the teaching. My view is that because mq isn't a strong marketing machine, exployers will think less of mq compared to unsw etc. Plus mq would probably have less funds in those areas.
But that's just my opinion. Don't take it as a fact.

Tia, i think the economic/financial department is most popular in macquarie.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
i guess UNSW is seen as the place to be doing science as its faculties and schools get a large portion in research grantswhen compared to others in Australia. lol or maybe im being biased. the UAI would probably be around the mid 80s this yr or we may see it sky rocket to close to 90 since last yr it lept from 72 to 80

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)