How was Maq open day? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I went for about two hours, I thought it was crap.

Their open day motto should be "look how rubbish we are!"

It was like they just hadn't bothered putting effort into it.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
once again the it building looks good
the rest are well crapz

was der for one hour and went to maq shopping centre!!~

HSC
the IT building didnt/couldnt compare with the UTS IT building but newayz...

yeah i only checked out the IT stuff, i wasnt interested in the other stuff
the talk was kinda mediocre...but i did learn that they offered scholarships!

by the end of the day i drew to a conclusion that macquarie wasnt as impressive as UTS....i only went to UTS before today so i cant comment on UNSW or USYD

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, one redeeming factor is that Maq has actual trees and actual soil. It's a very soothing campus. But really, it's as if they'd looked at Sydney and UNSW and said "well, people aren't going to bother showing up anyway, so screw it, just put up soime tents and invite the radio people".

Originally posted by pri
well Maq reminds me of a giant high skool
Yes! And today was like the Macquarie High Annual Fete!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
went to the open day... i like macquarie because i am familiar with it because ive lived in the area like all my life and i go through it to go to macquaire shopping etc... so im familiar with the grounds and the library (been to it quite a lot) and roughly know where the food and shit like that is... so for me its not as big a change....
But i think the open day was shit... as someone said they put no effort into it... then again i havent been to any others so as to compare but im just oging by what other people have said...
We only really went into the Arts/humanities area for information and just walked around everywhere else

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well the back sheep uni is good enough for me... im the black sheep in my world.... :rolleyes: i have no idea what what i said means i just felt like saying it...
I got quite a bit of info but we didnt even talk to anyone because we didnt know what to say and because we dont know what we want to do/are interested in... there was no point in asking questiosn because we had no one to ask

anyway i regret not going to the ACU open day... my friend said it was really good and impressive.... now its oging to be first on her preference... apparently its really nice and its not that big... plus the class sizes are meant to be small... about 30-40 each... ahhh thats my dream :D i should decide to be a teacher and just go there :p

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I thought it was alright if you planned what you wanted to do. I planned all the lectures i wanted to see and ended up there for 4 hours! I am still ticked off I spent 3 hours travelling on public transport to the place, but I thought it was alright....sure, it didn't have material scientists throwing lumps of odd metals at you or aeronautical engineers telling you where the kegs were at, but I still had a valuable day.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
and why do u want smallness!
as i have said... i dont like change! :( i like the security of school and the comfort of having a lot of people i know... small classes means more one on one time with people... big lectures means not knowing anyone

Rahul

Dead Member
bah that was hopeless really.....i was at the uni for about an hour
i just took all booklets and went to macquarie centre and picked up a tie for my formal:D

getting there and back is really boring, close to 1 hr on the bus.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so u guys really think that mac was a worse open day than usyd? well maybe i missed the plot at syd, but i didn't c anything there

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by iambored
so u guys really think that mac was a worse open day than usyd? well maybe i missed the plot at syd, but i didn't c anything there
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I went for about two hours, I thought it was crap.
Their open day motto should be "look how rubbish we are!"
It was like they just hadn't bothered putting effort into it.
Originally posted by pri
well Maq reminds me of a giant high skool
Originally posted by Rahul
bah that was hopeless really
:D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
i just took all booklets and went to macquarie centre and picked up a tie for my formal:D
getting there and back is really boring, close to 1 hr on the bus.
yeah we went to mac centre after aswell.... it was so fuckign packed today because of that 8 hour sale... but they probably did it on purpose in conjunction with the open day because more people etc etc.... didnt buy anything... there is shit all there! Im sick of macquarie there is nothing new and i need SHOES!

haha travel! the beauty of not needing to travel... i hate buses

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, that's only to be expected (referin' to baggin' out of MQ Open Day). Last year, when I went, the people who were meant to answer questions were completely clueless and there wasn't much free stuff.

Rahul

Dead Member
the free stuff was pretty good, cant compare to other unis coz i didnt go to them. got lots of lollies, ruler, hmmm....some cds too.

Rahul

Dead Member
i'll read out the labels...
"Free cool PHYSICS stuff"
"Free cool COMPUTINGstuff"
"Free cool MATHS stuff"

LOL....i'm gunna try out them now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)