ACCG253 Mid-Semester Exam (1 Viewer)

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Alright, I need some hot, wet study tips, who's got them?
What do we need to know? And has anyone got any past exam papers?

HSC
Aha ur all screwed > : O

JK : D- From what i remember the test had questions similar to the tutorial questions, but not as hard (definitions/theory and prac incl) (Gave my past exam paper to friend : < so cant be anymore specific)
Average was fail.
Thing is I heard they changed the course structure this semester, so Im not sure if this applies to the mid sem, but you should be alright if u've been sticking to ur tut homework.

All the best : D

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
crazy_panda_eye said:
Aha ur all screwed > : O

Nerd: What are you going to do, Mr. Simpson?

Homer: Actually, I've been working on a plan. During the exam, I'll hide under some coats, and hope that somehow everything will work out.

Nerd: Or, with our help, you can cram like you've never crammed before!

Homer: Whatever. Either way is good. I'm not picky.

HSC
^ lol Keeping in mind that Homer only passed cos the nerds hacked into the system : <

I found my past semester mid sem accg253 dunno if u guys still want it, but Ill type it up anyways (its either this or my accg201 homework euw.)

Theory (9 questions, 5 marks each)
1. Define the Fisher's seperation theorem
2. Use production possibility curve, indifference curve and budget line in two period inter temporal model to explain how the introduction of financial market increases the utility of investors caompare to an economy with no financial market.
3. Explain briefly why the existence of a secondary market is expected to increase the demand for securities inssued in the corresponding priamry market
4. The financial risk associated with borrowing involves two separate effects. Outline briefly both of these effects
5. Define agency costs. Why are they important in making capital structure decisions?
6. Discuss briefly the 3 theories of capital structure.
7. -There was no 7
8. Define the term "immunisation". Explain how this strategy can be used to manage a company's interest rate risk
9. Compare the internal rate of return and net present value methods or project valuation. Explain why these two methods do no always lead to comparable recommendations
10. Discuss the major benefit and major cost from the use of debt in the capital structure

Prac (4 questions 10 marks each)
1. Bond duration question
2. Investor Brown bought a 90 day bank bill prices at a yield of 11.55% p.a and sold it one week later when it was priced at a yield of 12.40% p.a what effective annual interest rate did investor Orange earn? Explain result
3.Theoreticla value of a right and ex rights calculations and to explain results
4...It looks really long to type out but is basically stuff about replacement of old machines

So yeah hope that helps! again I emphasise that structure of test has changed so I cant guarantee anything here.

Good luck guys : D

You'll need it > : O

Jk : D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
hey thanks!
yeh i reckon it's probably changed a bit now though cuz of the changed format

whats JK btw? is that you?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ohh... i just didn't get why she would say jk but i get it now lol

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Well... I smashed that exam better than I've smashed any of my ex-girlfriends.

Pretty happy. It wasn't as hard as I expected.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Ktulu-Spiral said:
Well... I smashed that exam better than I've smashed any of my ex-girlfriends.

Pretty happy. It wasn't as hard as I expected.
Ditto, actually. Not necessarily a good thing; everyone else is in th esame boat, too. Howveer, I did walk out hearing some people doing some stupid things... ie not adding Project Large to Project Small, and thus just comparing Large vs Smalll, instead of Large+Small vs Small...

havy

HSC
I thought that we only needed to evaluate large+small in part a. The lecturer came in during the exam and explained that only one option needs to be calculated.

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
Ditto, actually. Not necessarily a good thing; everyone else is in th esame boat, too. Howveer, I did walk out hearing some people doing some stupid things... ie not adding Project Large to Project Small, and thus just comparing Large vs Smalll, instead of Large+Small vs Small...

Well, it never actually specified that Profect Large required an "additional outlay"... but it did refer to it as an "Upgrade"... so I worked on that assumption and added Small + Large in my NPV, and I actually wrote that I was assuming Project Large required an "additional outlay" on top of the outlay for Project Small- just in case.

But overall I feel the questions were fairly straight-forward... no curve-balls to throw us off.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Skittled said:
thats what i did! i forgot. dammit thats so many marks gone

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
pb said:
thats what i did! i forgot. dammit thats so many marks gone
Not necessarily; my (limited) experience says you'll lose a mark for misinterpreting/misreading, but not just give you 0 for them...

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh i think a few marks gone for just not thinking of that, cuz they know some ppl are gonna forget that. but i was thinking... no wonder my answer for Proj Large was so off

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
It was an easy test to study for it seems...if only I actually put more effort into it
The effective rates, what was the proper way to do it? I just did the ole acst101 switcharoo

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Heh. Thanks for digging up my old thread.

I've still my copy of last semester's exam. I did okay, got 80%. It was pretty easy. I'll scan & post links to it when I can be bothered, but it's 6AM right now.

Gotta take the GTR for a cruise today, then kickboxing tonight. I'll get it done when the day is over if I have any energy left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)