Acst Honours? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

If you do just acst, then do honours 4th year, do you get more than just part 2? For someone wanting to work as an actuary, would it be better to do straight acst with honours (provided your good enough), or acst/ec? Also, what kinda marks do you need to be accepted for honours (less than straight HDs i hope)?

N

ND

All I can say is that, they (employers) don't require too much besides you being an FIAA
Don't you only get FIAA after like a year of working (and doing the distance stuff)? How do you get a job without the FIAA?

RIZAL

HSC
I know a girl doing honours and her GPA prior to entering the honours program was 3.5ish. That said, she tells me that the Actuarial staff discouraged her from doing honours, but she plead with them until they let her.

I'd say honours looks better than a double degree...she scored a job for next year in the first term of this year.

There are other ways of getting part 2... It is possible to do a straight 3 year degree, and then start working while completing part 2 at night in the inner city where Macquarie staff hold classes. I'm personally thinking of doing this as it means a measly 2 years left....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)