B commerce UAI (1 Viewer)

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
hey guys

i'm just wondering whether if anyone has made it into any of the commerce courses below the uai cut off.

my course aim has a uai cut off of B 85 (b commerce) or 86.3 (b commerce -accnting) so i'm pretty worried since my uai estimation varies from 80-85.

is having a DFEE worth it? is it hard to work off back into the csp course when your into uni? or will there be some cases if they accept some people below the cut-off. because somehow i find it hard to believe in a way that B admin/applied finance/commerce in macq all ranges from 85-86.3 which i consider is a pretty small gap

the problem for me is that i really need this course or else i would lose my cadetship, so i'm pretty worried about it so yeah

thanks in advance

havy

HSC
well you can do an "non award" study and then transfer after one yr, but I dont know if you cadetship firm will accept that.

or you can pay fee, just pretend you are an international student...worth it or not? depends on how much money you have and how important is that cadetship to you.

on the other hand, since HECS fees are going up again next yr, the UAI cut off is likely to decrease again...possibly to a range around 82-84. Since at 2004 the cut off for accounting was 90-91, yr 2005 the HECS went up and cut off went down to 89, yr 2006 HECS went up again and cut off dropped to 86, so things are still looking pretty bright.

Tabris

HSC
Small gap because most of 1st year subjects are the same for the majority of commerce.

Dont worry about the gap, u will make it, if not, just transfer after 1 semester,

Dont go DFEE, isnt worth it, unless your really die hard. this isnt an exclusive highly prestigou degree like medicine, it is commerce and being the largest department in the uni, its not worth going fee

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Simplest & cheapest way if u dont get the UAI first time round; enrol in a lower cut-off course, eg. eBusiness, get a pass average (thats the required mark still isnt it?) & transfer after first sem.

Easy. :)

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
i wish i could do that, but most likely that would make my cadetship invalid, which is why i'm pretty annoyed about it

Monstar

HSC
hi im in the same situation (minus the cadetship) .

i really wanan get into macq, but i dont wanna do some crappy subject i will hate and fail in.

is it worth paying dfee for 1 year and working hard so they transfer me to cfee? or should i look at sibt?

Tabris

HSC
Whats your estimated UAI? mid 80's? u shouldnt have major problems (unless your under 80)

paying dfee is not a good option, and Chinatown (SIBT) is a good option if u ran out of options.

tranfer end of sibt, they do same stuff as any b com student

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
SIBT Advanced Diploma is good in that case, even though its a shithole. Don't get me wrong, its got awesome facilities, but you'll feel like you're in downtown Shanghai/Beijing, and feel a little out of place :p Also, SIBT are really into attendance, which is absolutely fucking ridiculous, one of my friends scored marks in two subjects worth of Distinction, but SIBT failed him overall for lack of attendance. It is to my belief, that they have failed that student, under the facade that they are a tertiary institution fostering further education and demonstration of knowledge. The sad reality is, that SIBT is more like a secondary school hell-bent on discipline.

Hey, its not as bad as Sydney Uni's subsidary, Bedford College, where they have to wear uniforms (child care) or business attire (commerce).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
those uai estimating thingies are wayyy off though, i reckon. mine said i was gonna get 73 but i got 89.
but if ur really worried just study harder (i know that's obvious but yeh lol). you can do it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)