Suicide at Macquarie Centre (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Does anyone have any idea who it was?
On Wednesday morning, someone jumped off the roof top carpark and hit the ground floor exit road, dying. Apprently there were police/forensics etc everywhere, even a helicopter. The jump happened from the alternative Loft entrance (the escalators next to the new AppleCentre) just around the corner where you can look over the edge.
I feel so sorry for the parents of that person, or their partner or children or anyone connected to them for that matter - I guess suicide would be the hardest form of death to accept if you were a parent.
I really do hope it wasn't an MQ student either - it would be such a shame if a student ended their life because of uni when uni has services etc to deal with things like this (support, counselling etc - i think i spelt that wrong)

Anyway i am rambling but yeah - just so close to home it's kind of frightening/depressing.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
no i agree with you icf

suicide would be the hardest thing for a parent to accept if their child had done it, what a shame if it was a uni student...

uni is so not worth it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's really sad. i hadn't heard anything about it.

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah I didn't know anything about it, either.

I'm with you, I hope it wasn't a student. It's sad in any case, but having someone who's probably young die is doubly worse.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
A friend who works there said it was a young woman :(

HSC
N/A
:(

There have been so many suicides concerning young people recently :(

y'all know that I love you all and will be so sad if you're not still around for a while more, right???

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah i heard abt this from a girl in my tute today...

My condolences to all affected. :(

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I don't think that's possible... blunt force doesn't have enough power to "cut off" anything...(right?) at worst I'd just expect a dislocation...

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
whoa.... news like that freaks us future uni students out.

condolences and sympathies to family and friends, i've been through similar hardships with a friend commiting suicide in a similar fashion earlier this year. not pleasant at all :(

X

xeuyrawp

wm_abusef said:
condolences and sympathies to family and friends, i've been through similar hardships with a friend commiting suicide in a similar fashion earlier this year. not pleasant at all :(
Ack, it's terrible. :(

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah I didn't know anything about it, either.

I'm with you, I hope it wasn't a student. It's sad in any case, but having someone who's probably young die is doubly worse.
That is true.

It is harsh, but when an old person dies, its sad, but at least they had the oppurtunity to live a long and fufilling life. When a young person with so much potential dies... :( :(

The fact that there are so many young people committing suicide or attempting it is a worry.

HSC
N/A
My Mum works at Macquarie, and she said it looked like a woman in her forties or so. She didn't see the body well I think.

*hopeful*

HSC
shit yeh i saw the police around there that morning...around 11ish
:(

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i went to Macq Centre at around 1ish, so it must of happened before that, or even after, but i think i heard sirens when i was in class or out of class cant remember.

But how sad, condolenses to the family :(

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
it's kind of chilling going past that spot now, knowing what happened there - and everyone else gleefully walking past like not knowing >< I wonder if this will provoke the centre to put guard rails everywhere - I hope not - I like the view from the rooftop car park ><

CieL

HSC
"At the time, she was wearing a pink short-sleeved button-up shirt with a floral pattern, beige-coloured long pants, green-coloured underwear and slippers with a teddy bear print."

Is that really necessary???

But yeah, I found out on the day as I was working that night at MQ Centre too..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)