international business (1 Viewer)

lexie85

HSC
anybody do this ? whats it like ? is it a bachelor of international business ? job prospects ?

HSC
Hello there

I'm currently studying this degree 'Bachelor of International Business' at Macq. as my signature states....

It is very diverse, in that you can choose elective modules (mini majors) in not only business related areas but also humanities, as well as the complusory cores such as accounting, statistics, marketing, business organisation and economics.

Business elective modules - Marketing, Economics, Demography
Humanities - sociology, anthroplogy, politics and human geography

you will have to choose any two from either or even mix and match

I've chosen to do Sociology and Marketing with some politics electives ... also the UAI isnt that high 86.25 is achievable ...

Any other info just post em up

I've attached http://www.efs.mq.edu.au/?a=18704 (copied from the mq.edu.au)which is the suggested program of study

Justea

HSC
N/A
Well... actually I thought it was good to study in the first place, but after 2 year study, now I think this course is a little bit too miscellaneous...of course i understand the humanity study is important as International Buinsess, but I do hope it can be very concentrated on one or two aspects, really deeped concentrated.

It covers something of everything but did not cover everything of something. you talk about prospects...i am also sort of bothered by this problem. there is nothing we really good at after study, so what can you expect from job?

also i think some important subjects were missing from it...such as commerce, logistic...etc...

but its richness probably could build up good fundation in master study that if you want to take later. really depends.

cheers

Justea

HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi, it seems like we are in the same year though~~~how is your revision of BUS202 going? I am still struggling for the "REAL LIFE ISSUE" stuff....>_< so painful..

HSC
heya, revision sucks!!!

my memory is so bad now that i'm extremely sick! I cant remember all diagrams and theories... and for the real life question i'm soooo blank with that.. i guess i will just find something tomorrow..

what elective modules you doin justea?

I reckon we can get good government positions as well as jobs within banks etc..

HSC
Trading, Import/Export, Customs, Consulting etc.

These are just to name a few, usually managerial positions

Justea

HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi said:
heya, revision sucks!!!

my memory is so bad now that i'm extremely sick! I cant remember all diagrams and theories... and for the real life question i'm soooo blank with that.. i guess i will just find something tomorrow..

what elective modules you doin justea?

I reckon we can get good government positions as well as jobs within banks etc..
haha...i guess we only got the core BUS202 in common. I am taking marketing and human geography.

yah..the theories from BUS202 is sooooo disorganized, I think especially the motivation chapter, all sorts of theories...and as revision I have to write down the every single question try to put the theories in order, as she required 2 pages for each question and I think it could be hard to generate long paragraph is not fully prepared. The tough thing is the old lady wants real life examples for each question...>_<|||..OMG...

anywayz. good luck for the exam lor.~

Justea

HSC
N/A
no~~cuz i got exemption on 200 level marketing, but I think I will take MKTG304 in summer school~

Justea

HSC
N/A
diploma of business administration~

little-rat-boi do you know about BUS202, do we have to pass the final that to pass the unit? Cuz I did not see any words about it in unit outline...so I guess we do not really have to...?

HSC
no it doesnt but it is worth 50%... which I think is alot..

so it's best to try pass it .. so your guaranteed you'll pass the unit..

good luck! where did you get your diploma from, business college or tafe?

Justea

HSC
N/A
Yeah thanks mate, of course I will try my best but a little reliefed I have to say...haha~~

Good luck to your exam tomorrow too~~~

btw, I got the diploma in Singapore and then just tranfer over.

Justea

HSC
N/A
as i said in the other thread...~I am not sure if I can get a pass....actually when i was doing revision, i was thinking the question will be much broader like "discusses three major perspectives in motivation" or something like that..so when I read the question in 1st place, shocked!~!did not expected the topic of question could be so narrow and she even expected 2 pages from that...? I think it is very hard to expand your answer in such narrow topics~

actually so far as i know, most of my friends in this one down ~and all I want at the moment is mercy in her marking...

And to be honest, I dun think this question well examined one's real ability, at least for me, I dun think it reflect my best work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)