MQ Procastination thread #1= How is this possible?.. you figure it out (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
It's getting to that time again.... where I'm full immersed in my studying however I have to stop and make procrastination threads again.

WARNING: Don't cheat and scroll down, scroll down when you give up or whatever (people post what you think) ... the answers are logical and there, just think like a "detective" would :p
Guys think about this.

SITUATION ONE:
there was these two people walking down the street..... stranger came up to one of them and said.. "is this your mother" the person said no... then the stranger went to the other person and asked "is this your child?" person said yes.

How is this possible?

SITUATION TWO:
There was this couple driving towards their honeymoon destination, their car broke down so the guy goes to his wife "lock the doors, don't let anyone in until I come back". The wife agreed... When the guy comes back he finds his wife dead in the back seat and a stranger looking at him from inside the car.

How was this possible?

Note: The wife did keep the doors locked and windows closed.... doors were locked and windows intact when the husband came back. Stranger was not already in the car

Last edited:

Kegs

HSC
Do we post what we think the answers are or what? Dont want to give it away if i got it right. (not that i think i have)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Kegs said:
Do we post what we think the answers are or what? Dont want to give it away if i got it right. (not that i think i have)
lol yeah sure why not.... i'll post a warning in the initial thread not to scroll down until u give up

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
1. The person asking the question is the son/daughter of one of the two walking together. (when he asks is this your child, he/she pointed to him/herself.

2. He was already in the back seat? Thats why he cant come out.

Think they are both wrong. :s

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
1. The person asking the question is the son/daughter of one of the two walking together. (when he asks is this your child, he/she pointed to him/herself.

2. He was already in the back seat? Thats why he cant come out.

Think they are both wrong. :s
lol both wrong :p

HSC
N/A
a)
The kid is walking with his father?
b)
All the windows were rolled up, so she died from lack of oxygen? (or gas fumes from car?

Kegs

HSC
k, 1) the person asked 1st is the father
2)i thought the same as redrum. will ponder more in the shower

sorri bad typing, my bagel dripped butter everywherean d i dont wna tot go wash my hands.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol kegs and glitter both...right about the first one..

second one isn't though .... glitter how did the stranger get into the car then?

lala2

Banned
HSC
1) Yep, the older person is the father methinks
2) She agreed to look the door....doesn't mean she did!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
wow Anne. You just made me slightly sadder, as I can't seem to answer anything this week.

funny news: I went to pick up an essay-i gave my card and the lady behind the counter said "er we have your name, but not you....exactly". I was like "oh" (how could someone else have MY name?) then I realised, when I was filling out the purple form I spelt the tutors name wrong, wrote the wrong tutorial time, wrote the wrong tutorial room. The only thing I managed to do was get my name mildly right ( I left out an 'i' ) (haha, how retarded do I sound??) so I told her the first line of my essay to verify my stupidity, and she gave it to me. booyah.

crack at the questions:

1) The kid was stupid?

2) The stranger was already in the car.
aww gtr that sucks :( looks like yoru having a bad day

and no the stranger wasn't already in the car

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lala2 said:
1) Yep, the older person is the father methinks
2) She agreed to look the door....doesn't mean she did!
lol yeah she did agree to lock the doors and she did :p

how did the stranger get into the car?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Sorry, I have no idea how to do the spoiler things, but here are my theories:

1) The father was asked

2) the wife died giving birth, so the infant= the stranger

HSC
N/A
OH sorry, thought it read "Stranger outside the car"

ok. Let's try this again.

b)
the stranger was already in the car before the husband told the wife to lock doors etc

EDIT: ok, just read that part about stranger not being in the car initially. I'm with Claire on this one, then... can;t think of anything else

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
cpjeeves said:
Sorry, I have no idea how to do the spoiler things, but here are my theories:

1) The father was asked

2) the wife died giving birth, so the infant= the stranger
lol bingo :p

that was quick.. lol will have a think about another procrastination thread this afternoon or whenever the urge to make one comes back again :)

X

xeuyrawp

Situation 1 is a variant of:

'A man was in a car accident with his father. The father died, but the boy was taken to hospital. He was wheeled into the operating theatre, where the doctor said "I can't operate on him, he's my son".'

There's a better way to tell it which makes it hard to imagine the doctor is the mother. In this case, the boy is walking with his father.

Situation 2:

I've heard of something like this before. Essentially, I don't think it's solvable by ratiocination, as Holmes would say, but rather fluke:
1. The car is made so he could get in: is a convertable has a sunroof/windows,
2. he broke in,
3. she didn't let anyone in, she got out and was killed,
4. 'stranger' - to whom, etc. :p

X

xeuyrawp

Hahah. Teaches you to type up a reply, eat breakfast, then come back and post it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

Okay, I have a riddle. I posted it up in Non-School, so don't cheat.

Anyway:

I have none,
gnu have two,
eel has one,
and one in you?

What don't I, but you have?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Situation 1 is a variant of:

'A man was in a car accident with his father. The father died, but the boy was taken to hospital. He was wheeled into the operating theatre, where the doctor said "I can't operate on him, he's my son".'

There's a better way to tell it which makes it hard to imagine the doctor is the mother. In this case, the boy is walking with his father.

Situation 2:

I've heard of something like this before. Essentially, I don't think it's solvable by ratiocination, as Holmes would say, but rather fluke:
1. The car is made so he could get in: is a convertable has a sunroof/windows,
2. he broke in,
3. she didn't let anyone in, she got out and was killed,
4. 'stranger' - to whom, etc. :p
oooh i like it the other variant, thats how i shall tell it from now on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)