MQ Procastination thread #3: Survey (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Err yeeah in the essence of staying in theme with exams

To get you through exams:

Drink of choice: Berrocca this sem :)
Pill of choice: Ginko bibloa was my previous pill of choice but its no doz now
Food of choice: Can of tuna, with fresh tomato, spring onions, mixed all around and bam, fast healthy meal
Procastination tool of choice: Making these threads, checking BOS at least 20 times a day for new posts and brushing my teeth

Other ways you recommend procrastinating?
- showering
- excercising
- watching idol and biggest loser
- going for a drive
- listening to a song

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Just before bed, I'll read Harry Potter fan fiction... soo stress relieving (yeah i know im a lamo)

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? Yes i'm working this thursday but cancelling my weekend shift due to an exam on saturday and an exam on monday.

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? Well my last 21st (till exams) was on friday night, which i don't think hurt me much in terms of studying time. As long as you think you can handle it, i don't think there's anything wrong with it. Everyone's different though, i don't look at anyone differently if they think they shouldn't go out during exams or if they still do. Mehh whatever.

And most importantly the question that should help us all...

tell us how you get motivated to study: i listen to "Motivation Proclamation" by Good Charlotte .... that was my HSC song and I still use it :p

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Drink of choice: water, coffee (yukky but when im hungry and need caffeine)
Pill of choice: no doz
Food of choice: tuna, soup, toast
Procastination tool of choice: food, guitar and random netting like youtube lol

walking around aimlessly (i walk around the house a lot)

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: i haven't really had *hard* days cuz i procrastinate too much. but sleep would be it cuz i sleep too much as well.

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? no. i have 3 weeks off work. i would still work, but not when i know as little as i do.

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? yes, but only if you don't procrastinate so much.

tell us how you get motivated to study: getting an F and being a receptionist for the rest of my life, although that hasn't really seemed to help cuz dammit. i keep procrastinating and falling asleep! i tryyy not to so i went to the library but dammit i fell asleep there too.

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
lol anne :rofl: queen of the procastination threads!

Drink of choice: water :eek:
Pill of choice: n/a
Food of choice: oily goodness and junk food :eek:
Procastination tool of choice: youtube!!! damn that thing for existing

- cooking
- sleeping

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself? chocolate indulgence xD?

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? not working at the moment

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams?
Mm depends.. usually i try not too

tell us how you get motivated to study: im never motivated wrong person to asked ><

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

Drink of choice: water, oj
Pill of choice: zilch
Food of choice: anything quick, anything in the fridge. pasta, bread roll
Procastination tool of choice: BOS IS KILLING MY TIME :p

music
shower
tidying
staring at nothing

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: sleep

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? for me - not this year. generally depends how much study i have done but i do like to have odd shifts if i have time. for others - yeah whatever they feel they can handle

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? yeah. not the night before.

tell us how you get motivated to study: think about last minute cramming that i will have to do if i don't study (it still happens anyway), think about doing ctap in the exams, make unrealistic study timetables (because if they are realistic / unrealistic i never achieve them, may as well be unrealistic because i think i'm really behind and try and do more), .'. think i'm behind, think about cramming, think about doing crap, then the adrenaline kicks in

HSC
N/A

Drink of choice: Tea, or chicken noodle cup-a-soup (I've been pretty sick for the past week). As of today, a daily shot of Ciaga joins the list (herbal juice thing, has many good things in it and will help me get better quicker)
Pill of choice: none
Food of choice: When not eating all the chocolate in the house, cup-a-soup, or any other kind of soup... (food choices limited due to sickness and degree of "swallowability"/sore throat)
Procastination tool of choice: Checking forums, playing with dogs

Giving into the urge to post on forums you're "just checking" :p

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?:
Usually after one essay is done, my favourite shows like Project Runway or America's Next Top Model are on, so I'll watch that. Otherwise, I finish off a hard day's work by chatting on msn for a bit, then sleep (and repeat the entire process again the next day)

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period?
If you've planned ahead well and don't need to cram, go for it. I'm working during my 'exam period' (all hand-in essays, really), but I didn't last year when I needed to cram muchly.

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams?
So long as there's space in your studying timetable, sure - but don't overdo it. Personally though I like to stay at home... I get a little paranoid if I'm not at home (I'm not always working at home, but at least I have the option of, you know? lol)

tell us how you get motivated to study: I always put my current word total etc in my msn custom message. I like keeping watch of how I'm going, but am a bit of an exhibitionist so it's only when OTHER PEOPLE can see how I'm going do I actually work :p

Being a bit competitive, I also love playing paragraph tag and find that's a great way to kick-start the motivation :)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Being a bit competitive, I also love playing paragraph tag and find that's a great way to kick-start the motivation :)
Whats that?

H?

buddy
HSC

Drink of choice: Orange and mango mineral water
Pill of choice: Stilnox
Food of choice: Italian rolls from Baker's Delight
Procastination tool of choice: Forums, mainly SA (Goons represent!)

- tv shows (BSG, Veronica Mars, Gilmores, Torchwood, The Colbert Report, House, Family Guy)
- shower
- music

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: watch some tv

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? If you're happy with your preparations thus far, yes. (I'm not!)

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? As long as you feel you've prepared, or have enough time to prepare.

tell us how you get motivated to study: panic.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Drink of choice: Tea or coffee, or strawberry smoothies and iced chocolates.
Pill of choice: Mum has got me started on some random multi v's. But I'm a bit dubious, seeing one advertises itself as "formulated by a professor" :rofl:
Food of choice: toasted sandwiches... chocolate... caesar salad!
Procastination tool of choice: Showering.

- showering
- Oprah
- Making food (dinner especially, because it takes so long)

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Stalk BoB and Vogue forums.

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? Usually I do, but this semester I've take two whole weeks off - and its great!!

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? Of course!! Or, at least, get drunk at home with your significant other.

tell us how you get motivated to study: I take a good, hard look at myself in the mirror (or sometimes just in my head) and think: "Right. Its nearly over. Come on, girl. COME ON [insert stupid image of Lleyton Hewitt]".

No, seriously, there isnt a voice. Or the imagery. But I just know I have to do it, and so the sooner I get started, the easier it will be. And then I can relax :)

p.s. Ta Anne for this (third) procrastination thread! :D

p.p.s That thing with the woman dead in the car, that totally confused me. I think I'm picking it apart a little: Why wasnt blood mentioned? And as if a new born baby is going to be sitting on the front seat, quietly, just looking around. Bah! I hope my children are like that! ;)

Kegs

HSC
Drink of Choice: Water
Pill of Choice: Ritalin, but not recommended for exams, as I believe memory retention is poor.
Food of choice: Chocolate, fruit, and bread, the staple of my life
Procastination tool of choice: Internet, for sure, and warcraft 3, just plain and simple campaign mode.

- Foxtel
- Cleaning
- Spacing out, officespace style
- Organising the files on your computer
- Reading old school sci-fi novels (Wyndam and Assimov are the best!)
- Msn

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Would have to say sleep and watching a movie with my dad.

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? I quit my job last week. It sucked (Nightfill, Perishable @ Woolworths)

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? A certain level is acceptable. Hit the bar for the end of uni party, but that is it. Will do lunch a couple of times this week, and will try to have a guilt free friday night off this week. Not sure how that will go.

tell us how you get motivated to study: Panic, stress and the idea that it will all be over really soon, because I have left it to the last minute to study again.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
bscienceboi said:

Drink of Choice: Binge on cola no lemonade (makes me sick and nauseous). Sometimes coffee, long white with lots of sugar. But I dont really like the taste of coffee. (READ BOTTOM OF SURVEY).
Pill of Choice: studying about drugs makes you very cautious or pessimistic about taking 'drugs'.
Food of choice: Taco shells, microwaved flat bread, Doritos, biscuits, gummybears.
Procastination tool of choice: Internet .

- Shower
- TV
- Music
- Online games
- Youtub'ing
- Ebay'ing

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Read (Currently Haruki Murakami - Wind-Up Bird Chronicles). Sleep/in. Extended procastination.

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? Don't know the meaning of work, I dont know how people can do work and exams. I envy you...not just for your jobs.

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? Hermit.

tell us how you get motivated to study: Stress.

DOes anyone actually find V drinks, Baraca or any other supplements that actually helps improve their study. Honestly I dont see much of a difference
in regards to berroca, no doz, V, redbull etc

I never drink them when its not exam period... i usually get by with just a coffee and thats only when i have a hard night that i'll have one ...

i think thats why they still work for me V, berroca, no doz, v, redbull etc... because i never take them unless its exam period

i can feel the difference already .. todays the first time im on them and its great :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Drink of choice: Tea, of the Green Cherry Jasmine kind
Pill of choice: Centrum
Food of choice: Cup Ramen
Procastination tool of choice: BoS, MSN, IRC, Games

- Playing guitar
- Drawing stuff
- Killing stuff

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Bed, instantly. Do not turn on computer. Do not start downloads.

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? I would, would love money, but alas im not. :(

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? Sure, need a release.

tell us how you get motivated to study: Don't really know, I've kinda developed an innate 'as-you-go' technique, whereby I do things every few minutes rather than one big go. Motivation, to get into honours I guess.

HSC
N/A
jake2.0 said:
Whats that?
A game my friends and I played in yr 12 (I'm sure there are other variants around). Basically it's an msn thing where you and a friend (not neccessarily doing the same assessment, but similar due dates) work on your individual assessments. Everytime you finish a paragraph (either just whenever, or on/before mutually agreed goal times eg every 20mins), you let the other person know.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Drink of choice: Ice Tea
Pill of choice: :S ??
Food of choice: Pasta of some sort = weight gain :(
Procastination tool of choice:phone

- BOS obviously
- music
- tv
- doing unnecessary chores
- driving all the way to see my girl...

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: talking to the wife

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? nah took two weeks off

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? hell no...except visiting wifey...which is just as bad

tell us how you get motivated to study: SEeing other people studying...ive always got this fear of being left behind

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Drink of choice: Green Tea
Pill of choice: None at the moment
Food of choice: Sushi or pasta
Procastination tool of choice: Internet and foxtel :p

- watching movies
- listening to music
- shopping
- reading magazines

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: Go on the net and talk to my friends on the phone

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? No, I put work on hold. My supervisor doesn't mind.

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? Yeah, it's nice to finally have a break after the end of classes... and before the exams :p

tell us how you get motivated to study:
The fact I really want more D's! :D

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
tea = warm, tea = less caffiene than coffee, tea = less sugar than soft drinks :)

tea also = cheap! :D

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Drink of choice: Milk (full cream)
Pill of choice: hmm does chewing gum count?
Food of choice: JUBES :D and good hearty home meals
Procastination tool of choice: Internet

After a "hard" days study, how do you reward yourself?: more Internet/television and candy

Do you advocate still working (paid work) during exam period? i don't have a job so i don't think i have the agency to say

Do you advocate going out up to and leading up to exams? yeah - but in moderation - sometimes going for a walk or popping across to the neighbours calms me down, so I come home and function much better

tell us how you get motivated to study: deadlines, and countdowns (sure it's hard, but in 10 days I will have 3 months to do whatever i want woo!)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i wish i could procastinated watching tv.. but it urm blew up the other day.. i guess its a sign? lol.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
in regards to berroca, no doz, V, redbull etc

I never drink them when its not exam period... i usually get by with just a coffee and thats only when i have a hard night that i'll have one ...

i think thats why they still work for me V, berroca, no doz, v, redbull etc... because i never take them unless its exam period

i can feel the difference already .. todays the first time im on them and its great :)

does berocca really work? i think too much caffeine is giving me the burpies lol

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i still have a whole bunch of cans of V in the cupboard - that would be a last resort

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
does berocca really work? i think too much caffeine is giving me the burpies lol
yes it does lol

but i've just eaten sooo much pasta and feel soo full hopefully the berroca will help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)