SCMP office - when "today" become "tomorrow?" (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
My CUL202 essay is due Thurs 16th Nov (tomorrow). My tutor has said that she doesn't really care what time it gets handed in, so long as it gets handed in on that day.

So my question is, how late can I hand it in? Assumably everything up till the time office closes (somewhere between 5 and 8?) is fine, but what about that "after hours" box? Is everything that's handed in there automatically gets "clocked" in the following day, which is when the office opens again? Or is there still someone in there 'after hours' that collects those assessments?

Me wants to know because me is only getting through 50% of the research tonight >.< and will still be researching a bit and writing muchly all of tomorrow, so the more time I get the better!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, after 5, everything is clocked as 'next day'

HSC
N/A
ouch, are you sure?!?!?! damn, so I don't have the leeway I thought I did...?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They may have changed it specifically for your unit, but from what I gathered the procedure was to put a separator at midday, then one at 5

Kegs

HSC
You SCMP'ers get wroughted. In other places they stamp it the day before if it is in the box when they come in.

HSC
N/A
the thing is, in the outline it doesn't give a specific time for when the assessment is due (possibly linked to tutors not caring what time it gets in).

But if the only way they can tell it got in by a particular date is if it gets there before the 5pm sheet of paper... :/ then scariness. hmm, and it looks like lynny's going to be up late tonight listening to ilectures *open eyed gaze*

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey lynn

i would sooo exploit that... i would hand it in at 10pm... and write a note on it at the front...saying DON'T DEDUCT MARKS BECAUSE IN THE UNIT OUTLINE IT HAS NO SPECIFIC TIME OF WHICH IT WAS DUE... and just write in big bold letters 10PM!! then sign it :)

for psychology i haven't done this in a while but i remember in first year we had a thing due at 5pm... but it wasn't cleared until the 9am the next day.. u were still safe..

it was soo long ago but if you know when your department clears its assignment boxes... EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
a tutor told me that she has handed stuff in before 9, they empty the boxes at 9 and mark it off as the day before - but she said not to rely on that

X

xeuyrawp

lcf said:
a tutor told me that she has handed stuff in before 9, they empty the boxes at 9 and mark it off as the day before - but she said not to rely on that
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I've also seen an office lady open all the boxes at 10:30, so they were obviously late for the day.

However, although I know that some tutors/lecturers go down and collect the essays from the office if they want to start marking. So it's risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
N/A
heehee, mine isn't going to do that ;) she's a little on the unprepared side, but she's lovely and 8 1/2 months pregnant :p

but *sigh*. I'm going to veer on the safe side and get mine in by 5pm, even if it's crap and it kills me. I'd love to experiment one day with the whole timing thing, just maybe not this semester :/

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I remember I had an assignment that was due at 10pm. I just handed it in at 9am the next day and got away with it. Obviously, nobody wants to work and stamp essays that late at night so you might be able to get away with it... but then this is the linguistics department, so the policy might differ.

iwannarock

HSC
i dunno about SCMP but back in like 1st year.......for music and philosophy.......you could hand in assignments the next day before 9am.

i remember one of my tutors said it once.......we asked "so its due before 5pm"

and she said "technically.................yes.............but u could try hand it in before 9am the next day because the ladies wouldnt have collected them from the boxes yet".

i remember one time i tried handing in an essay at W6A at around 9 30 pm. it was closed and i though ah fuck.

as i was about to leave i see this old dude in there and im like let me in let me in let me in!

he gave me a weird look.........but he was leaving so he HAD to use the door......whether he wanted to let me in or not i was getting in there and if he wanted to be a bastard and wait it out i would have waited longer than him....or he'd have to go another way.........which i'd find.

yeah...........that wasnot our final battle old man............our final battle will come soon...............it is inevitable.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahahha Oddy, your stories never cease to amaze me! :D

HSC
N/A
I bet the old dude was John Lechte. Very shifty person, that one is. *doesn't like him*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)