Econ201 exam (1 Viewer)

gnrlies

HSC
I just want to get an indication of how people went?

I thought that given the amount of stuff in the course, the final exam was very friendly. Being able to choose essays was a real bonus allowing me to only study the topics I could do.

I chose to do

classical model
open economy
unemployment

The multiple choice were fairly easy I thought, HOWEVER I didn't even pick up the books for growth so question 24-30 made no sense to me. I budgeted for this. Im hoping for 2/6 and to do fairly well in the other 24 (which I had no problems with).

The essays were ok, but not perfect.

I knew about 80% of the first and second questions, and made an educated guess for the other 20%. The last question I did was fine, but in taking too much time on the first two, my answer was rushed.

Hopefully with some scaling I can get a D.

Tabris

HSC
I knew the essays questions

1 on AD AS and 1 on classical.

Classical seems to be the easiest but it chewed up alot of my time.

I then chose unemployment, which was easy but there was so much content to ccover.

The last one was the HD and Solow model, easy but ran out of time, It was less than 10 min left when i was covering the effect of higher saving and population growth, i drew the diagrams and went into some general detail but it was rush rus rush, also covered the basic points in the endogenous growth theory....

I really want a hd overall for this macro

As for the MC, what surprised me was some of the unemployment questions that really threw me off. Some of it was related back to trevor's notes...

gnrlies

HSC
From memory I found the U/E questions easy, because I did that topic for my tutorial presentation.

For the open economy I was just unsure about the part that asked about exchange rate crises, and instability with floating rates. I made an educated guess though.

For the classical model, I remember there was something I was slightly unsure about but cannot remember what it is. Maybe it was the part that asked why classical economists thought that a great depression couldn't occur and what keynes said (which in hindsight I think I answered ok).

Maybe it was something else that troubled me, but I cant remember the question.

I just remember it asking factors affecting AD/AS which was easy
why government spending is innefective
why tax cuts may be effective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)