Mid Year Entry? (1 Viewer)

ShopOholic

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering what its like to start at MQ mid year? Ruffly how many people start mid year? is it harder to make friends?

The reason i ask is that i really like MQ and the courses they have, however, didnt get the marks to get in. I am going to apply elsewhere and am maybe thinking about studying for a semester then getting a transfer into the B Arts in Media and Cultural Studies OR B Commerce (Marketing). Should i try and transfer mid year or should i wait until the next year and transfer? I just dont want to transfer mid year if its harder to make friends/miss out on O week etc etc....

Thanks!

HSC
N/A
MQ basically repeats it's "O-week" (ok, so it doesn't really have one) but we still have stalls and stuff first week of 2nd semester.

Friend-wise, don't worry! Come to the mid-year Orientation day and meet lovely mentors and other mid-year entrants like yourself :D Oh and in my opinion it's just as easy to make friends in mid year than it is normally - you still meet people in tutes and stuff, so :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could try the alternative entry schemes they have such as Non-Award.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...official-non-awards-information-post-faq.html

Alternatively try going into another degree at MQ and doing one semester before internally transferring.

Those are the two most common routes, since internal transfers only take your GPA (uni mark) into account, whereas cross-institutional take UAI/GPA into account and puts you into the pool with other non-recent school leavers and quotas and whatnot.

It really depends on your situation.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tranfer mid year imo, you make new friends every semester, so you may as well start half way through first year rather than in second year! actually it will be easier half way through first year than in second year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)