SAM Elections (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

So, who will you guys vote for? One of the guys who hasn't got a blurb/photo, one of the guys who somehow got in there, or one of the guys who couldn't get in there because nominations were impossible?

Me neither.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahahahaha, so true, I think mine's happily on its way to the dump now.

HSC
N/A
I was thinking about voting

then I started laughing when I realised they're basically all asians, and from accounting/finance/business divisions. Ok, so that's not really something to laugh about seeing as I do know cool accounting/finance/business people, but the whole pattern thing I found hilarious for some reason.

I'm thinking of voting for the girl and the international student, just for the sake of variety. Oh man, but that means I have to part with one of my cute little piggy stamps...

ok. No votes from me this year.

Kegs

HSC
Darkness by day. I cant believe this happened. So not cool. It is time to unleash the fury.

KevinRoseFanBoi

HSC
The elections are obviously a sham, you might even call the SHAM Board Elections of 2006. I've currently written to the Board, regarding my concerns over the election. If these concerns are not rectified then I'll take my grievances to Edwin Dyga.

So, you are all right don't vote. By voting you are helping to support the kind of people that organised this faux election. By having to choose 5 from 7, you can't avoid it.

So if you go to http://users.tpg.com.au then you'll find a letter, written by myself, to all SAM Members. Reading this will allow you to find a Replacement Ballot Paper which you can print off and send rather than voting. The Replacement Ballot Paper, is you declaring that you believe the election has not been run fairly and as a SAM Member it is well within your rights to have an honest election. Where all paying members are allowed to run and an election where you don't have to pay for postage.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I realised they're basically all asians, and from accounting/finance/business divisions. Ok, so that's not really something to laugh about seeing as I do know cool accounting/finance/business people, but the whole pattern thing I found hilarious for some reason.
i was thinking why they all asians and from business too. Mines in the dump already .

KevinRoseFanBoi - might considered printing that out.

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
I was thinking about voting

then I started laughing when I realised they're basically all asians, and from accounting/finance/business divisions. Ok, so that's not really something to laugh about seeing as I do know cool accounting/finance/business people, but the whole pattern thing I found hilarious for some reason.

I'm thinking of voting for the girl and the international student, just for the sake of variety. Oh man, but that means I have to part with one of my cute little piggy stamps...

ok. No votes from me this year.
More like: Then I started laughing when I realised that I wasn't going to buy a 40c stamp for a rigged election.

Amirite?!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i ripped it opened, saw 'sam elections' and only 'sam elections,' was in the middle of study, thought they must be crazy to expect me to read their crap at the moment, so chucked it. tactics?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i have no clue about uni politics yet - probably a bad thign to be ignorant of - is Sai Chung Chiang the happy little asian dude who rocks up to lectures and talks about MusC??? I like him, but the ballot paper made such a nice to do list i couldn't resist !!!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
It's kind of hard to vote, considering that only five out of the seven people had provided statements. Other than that, i can't be bothered to fork out 50c for a stamp :p

X

xeuyrawp

marchetta said:
It's kind of hard to vote, considering that only five out of the seven people had provided statements. Other than that, i can't be bothered to fork out 50c for a stamp :p
They seem to be monopolising accessibility... Who would have thought it?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I reckon they gave out a free stamp in the Chinese society showbags! :p

KevinRoseFanBoi

HSC
redruM said:
I reckon they gave out a free stamp in the Chinese society showbags! :p
If this wasn't during exams, I'd be handing out free stamps. But there isn't any point voting, unless of course you fill my replacement ballot, where I would gladly give anybody a free stamp. But I can't say that because I don't think the SAM Constitution would allow me to spend more than a certain amount of money on a campaign, (even though I'm not a candidate).

But when has the SAM Constitution ever stopped any one from doing something.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
so much for multiculturalism

and sexism???

hmmmm - wouldn't these facts concern the hierarchy - that and the fact that some people didn't write stuff - ummm weird

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lcf said:
i have no clue about uni politics yet - probably a bad thign to be ignorant of - is Sai Chung Chiang the happy little asian dude who rocks up to lectures and talks about MusC??? I like him, but the ballot paper made such a nice to do list i couldn't resist !!!
That guy was a mentee, lol @ him trying to convince me that MUSC wasn't bad.

renmano

HSC
N/A
Your complaints to Edwin Dyga will fall on deaf ears.

He is a lawyer who was brought in to assist the chinese students society stacks. Google him.

Just a note:

By NOT voting, you are essentially giving in to them. Vote for the indian.

KevinRoseFanBoi said:
The elections are obviously a sham, you might even call the SHAM Board Elections of 2006. I've currently written to the Board, regarding my concerns over the election. If these concerns are not rectified then I'll take my grievances to Edwin Dyga.

So, you are all right don't vote. By voting you are helping to support the kind of people that organised this faux election. By having to choose 5 from 7, you can't avoid it.

So if you go to http://users.tpg.com.au then you'll find a letter, written by myself, to all SAM Members. Reading this will allow you to find a Replacement Ballot Paper which you can print off and send rather than voting. The Replacement Ballot Paper, is you declaring that you believe the election has not been run fairly and as a SAM Member it is well within your rights to have an honest election. Where all paying members are allowed to run and an election where you don't have to pay for postage.

KevinRoseFanBoi

HSC
I did google him. I realised that he will probably tell me that there is nothing wrong with the way the election is being held. Unfortunately he will be correct. The SAM constitution says the Election regulations are to be decided by the SAM Board. That = Fucked. Talk about conflict of interest. Two of the people controlling the election regulations are standing for elections. And they have virtually free reign over what they can do.

But with that said Edwin Dyga, isn't the highest person on my list.

And voting for the Indian guy means voting for 4 other people that support the people that organised this sham of an election. I think its more worth while telling Edwin that this isn't an honest election and we disagree with the procedures taken.

Otherwise, next year the same shit from the same people.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Student politics doesn't really feature at MQ, which is both good and bad, good for people like me who don't really want to get involved in that stuff, bad because it breeds an environment where people can easily abuse things without repercussions because no one knows/cares.

SAM and MUSC are two different entities though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)