Need help regarding MQ's double-failure rule (1 Viewer)

Wenn QQ

HSC
N/A
Hey people,

first time posting on the MQ boards after lurking for so long...

I'm seeking help and advise on the nasty/evil Doublt Failure rule they've got here in MQ.

One of my friends has just studied ACCG201 for the past 2 semesters and, unfortunately has not been able to pass that unit... and the two-fail rule is most likely to exclude my friend from the ACCG course or even uni...

Does anyone know what she can do now to prevent getting kicked out of B com - accg? Or is there anyone you know who's gone through the same thing?

Thanks all,
Any help will be greatly appreciated:)

prusso

HSC
i havent, but ive had friends who have, generally the uni doesnt care if u fail a unit more than twice, ive known people to fail up to 4 times, money is money to the uni and they dont care how many times u fail, BUT accg is different and apparently if you fail twice u have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that u will make a substantial effort not to fail again, for example, prob writing to the lecturer, dean of dept and proving to the uni that u will do everything within your abilities to pass it, if that means only doing that subject that semester and making sure u attend all classes and stay in regular contact with the lecturers to track ur performance...if u fail a 3rd time ur kicked out

contact eric for further information, they will help you alot :)

havy

HSC
I heard that they've secretly removed the double failure rule, possibly because of losing too many students (hence income). You can confirm this by going to accg201 webct, go under announcements then admin annoucement, they'll hav a slide about "3rd time enrolment approval" instead of double failure.

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
How much did she fail by? I have no idea about the double fail rule (it rings bells, but I'm not at all linked to the ACCG faculty), but if she did have to appeal to the Dean or Convenor to do it again, I would expect them to look at her marks, and base their decision on them. If she was getting near PC's, it would be okay, but if we are talking consistent 30-40 range marks, then... Well... Not good.

As others have said, money is money. BUT, if they really wanted the money, they might force her to take it as a Summer School unit, so they get their dosh up-front.

I would suggest she ONLY take this unit when she does eventually do it again... So maybe Summer School isnt a bad idea??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)