exam conditions (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
if ur sick and can't attend your exam but provide a medical certificate, what happens after that?

do they calculate your mark according to assessments or do u have to resit another time?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i think u need to resit darl
but im not sure ive never had to do it before

HSC
N/A
^a tougher exam.

Unless it's the kind of course with an informal examination, in which case you'll need to speak to the course corvenor.

edialeda

HSC
Last semester I was ill for my exams and couldn't sit for two of them so I simply talked to the convenors, filled out the paper work for special consideration and I did the exams later on. It was weird that my two exams were rescheduled two weeks apart but other than that it was easy and I didn't find the exams any tougher or harder than I would of expected the actual exam to be. So you should be fine as long as you have a medical certificate.
Good luck!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Social science or humanities related from memory

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ahh okay if its social science and humanities.. it wouldn't be harder

but i know for business economics... the lecturer was like if u dont it the first time.. the supp exam is harder and also marked harder

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ive heard that also. EFS generally punish those who are legitimitely ill, but "weed-out" the people who rort the system at the same time.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"Being unable to speak English is not a special consideration"

mzduxx2006

HSC
**blu_rose** said:
if ur sick and can't attend your exam but provide a medical certificate, what happens after that?

do they calculate your mark according to assessments or do u have to resit another time?
depends on ur school i guess.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sorry, I think you're in the wrong section, this is a University forum, but really thanks for trying, good luck with that 100 UAI.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
clairegirl said:
ahh okay if its social science and humanities.. it wouldn't be harder

but i know for business economics... the lecturer was like if u dont it the first time.. the supp exam is harder and also marked harder
It's true, they ARE harder. I had to do the supplementary paper for maths, and it was a fair bit harder than the original one. I looked at the original and it was almost directly out of the tutorials, whereas they had some legitimately obscure questions for the supplementary one.

Having a chronic illness sucks balls.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I'm an idiot, maths is ICS, not EFS... just used to thinking EFS coz all my other subs are in the EFS department.

but my point about supplementary exams stands lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)