Orientation (1 Viewer)

Monkey?

Insane Member
HSC
When exactly is the orientation day? Can't seem to find it on the site ...

Not for me btw =]

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So to hijack this thread, who else is coming to Orientation?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I am, i dunno if i'll go to the arts breakfast thing beforehand, is it any good?

tinfoilhat

HSC
what happens at orientation anyway? if it's just "getting to know the campus" stuff i'm gonna pass

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It's new this year, the current Executive Dean of Arts (ingrid) suggested it and is really awesome.

It's the only orientation to have the breakfast afaik, and registrations at 8.45 anyway, so you'll be there from the beginning.

(Also you may be able to sneak in a round of Guitar Hero World Tour if we can set it up early enough rofl).

what happens at orientation anyway? if it's just "getting to know the campus" stuff i'm gonna pass
Get to know the campus, meet other people doing your degree, free food, and if you're going to the Arts one, Guitar Hero lawl, BoS stalking too!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Im not that into games, but free breakfast sounds nice...

dolbinau

HSC
Guhhhh. Will there be no Guitar Hero for "Human Sciences"?

tinfoilhat

HSC
ohh i love guitar hero even though i really suck at it
but 8.45! oh man that would mean 4 hrs sleep -_-

xsavagex

HSC
gah another problem. when i go to that site, then go to "Faculty of Business + Economics" i have to choose my subject area, but im just doing straight Commerce. Do i go to the Marketing one since atm im planning on majoring in Marketing + Organisational behaviour?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I would have to get up quite early as well, stupid state transit and their lack of transport... So what else is at the arts breakfast, i need motivation to go.

tinfoilhat

HSC
I would have to get up quite early as well, stupid state transit and their lack of transport... So what else is at the arts breakfast, i need motivation to go.
lol nah i just sleep really late and hate waking up before 12...

but yes count me in for needing more motivation

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I guess it is more aimed at those who aren't feeling confident with their way around uni etc, so if you're fine with that, then I can understand not wanting to go.

I went to my first one initially purely because I didn't know anyone else (most of my friends from high school went to other unis or dropped out in year 10), and have made friends and stayed friends with those people from my orientation (and most of us are now the mentors so yeah rofl). It's definitely a good day to just get out and about, see what's on offer, meet new people etc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, it's apparently cooling down next week, so hopefully it isn't above 30 for our sake as well :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)