Program draft for my degree. Feedback please (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
At the enrolment day it was said that we should create a program draft for the degree you're doing so that you meet all the prereqs etc. and don't get to the 3rd/ 5th year depending on your degree and realise that you can't do one or more of the units you would like to do.
Since I'm stuck at home atm I created one.
Technically I meet all the pre-reqs and co-reqs. I'm not sure when some units are offered which is indicated by the ? sign.
Also I'm not sure how the whole exchange thing works and when it happens.
Anyway I just want some feedback :D
Thank you

X

xeuyrawp

At the enrolment day it was said that we should create a program draft for the degree you're doing so that you meet all the prereqs etc. and don't get to the 3rd/ 5th year depending on your degree and realise that you can't do one or more of the units you would like to do.
Since I'm stuck at home atm I created one.
Technically I meet all the pre-reqs and co-reqs. I'm not sure when some units are offered which is indicated by the ? sign.
Also I'm not sure how the whole exchange thing works and when it happens.
Anyway I just want some feedback :D
Thank you
Edit: Ack, okay sorry I missed your sig, which has your degree. To be honest, it doesn't look right to me - I would have expected another first year unit... I'm also a bit suspicious on already locking a mid-year international trip to Russia in your plan, unless you spoke with someone who knows what they're talking about. They usually start talking about the short residential unit once you're enrolled in first semester.

To cut a long story short, if you spoke with anyone but Karin, Ulrike, or Martina, you may have got poor academic advice. If I were you, I'd go talk with Karin asap. See here for a list of advisors. In order of preference: Karin, Martina, Ulrike; don't pay attention to what anyone else says because the program is changing, and everybody thinks they're some sort of expert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peartie

HSC
i dont get why Ulrike would have anythng to do with French/Russian - meh i dont care....

where are u wanting to go for the semester? or no idea yet?

*Baby-K*

HSC
I've spoken to Marika Kaluyga about the residential unit. I asked her if I could do units from 300 level, so she suggested I do the residential unit instead.

Peartie- I'm from St. Petersburg so that's where I want to go for my residential unit. And I would like to go to France for the exchange.

rwc

HSC
Question for int. studies students and or people who work at the uni:

Who is the best person to see about the international studies degree? I was told to see Marika and it wasn't very helpful for me. Seems like a nice lady but was not very useful and kept telling me to refer back to the handbook (?). If I see Karin will she be genuinely helpful because nobody seems to know concrete details about this degree and it gets extremely frustrating.

X

xeuyrawp

i dont get why Ulrike would have anythng to do with French/Russian - meh i dont care....
Because she knows what she's talking about and tutors French? To be honest, it's more important to get good academic advice, not to speak with someone who tutors in your area, so I just mention her because Karin can sometimes be unavailable...

baby-k said:
I've spoken to Marika Kaluyga
Yeah, I'd talk with one of the people I pointed out...

rwc said:
If I see Karin will she be genuinely helpful because nobody seems to know concrete details about this degree and it gets extremely frustrating.
The problem is that the degree constantly changes. Karin, Ulrike, Martina, and Blanche (who is not actually a teacher in the area) are really the only people who know about it.

Anybody else will definitely tell you they are experts, but probably won't be. I don't have any clue what's happening with it at the moment... It's so confusing. :-\

Last edited by a moderator:

Peartie

HSC
since this intake is the 4th intake they are still trying to fix up problems etc with the degree - it will constantly change - the best person to talk to is possibly Karin, who can then help you find people who may know more specifics than her as well....

X

xeuyrawp

since this intake is the 4th intake they are still trying to fix up problems etc with the degree - it will constantly change - the best person to talk to is possibly Karin, who can then help you find people who may know more specifics than her as well....
Yeah, definitely Karin. To be honest, the degree won't be fixed until next year when Marnie and Judyth Sachs get at everything with hedge trimmers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)