MQ Sport & Aquatic Center (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
So as we all know from our diaries the MQ Sport & Aquatic Center Student membership gives an unlimited access to:
  • 50 meter outdoor pool
  • 25 meter indoor pool
  • Gym
  • On-going gym programming
  • Group fitness classes
  • Yoga/Pilates
  • Martial Arts classes
  • Squash and Badminton court bookings
  • Play anytime sessions
All that for $40 per month and there is no contract.
I've been considering joining, however I haven't actually looked at the gym yet.
My thought behind it is- I go to uni 3 days/week for a full day however I have a 2-3 hour break between my lectures, so technically going to the gym would be a good thing to do.
Just want to hear other people's opinion- anyone who is a member or has been thinking of joining, anything goes.
Is it worth $40/month?

rwc

HSC
It definitely is worth joining the gym. The facilities are pretty awesome and useful. Also everyone is willing to help out and there are great classes to take advantage of. I used to be a member but I went overseas for a bit so had to cancel but it is definitely worth it especially if youve got time between lectures/tutes

Tonthat

HSC
I'm thinking of joining. It seems pretty good.
Are there rowing machines there?

*Baby-K*

HSC
I was talking with my dad about it and he said that when he used the gym there (because he worked at north ryde) it was mainly for guys, like it had lots of weights ect.
Has it changed now?

HSC
Gym is alright, all the space is pretty much taken up by the treadmills

russs

yeeeee
HSC
The gym is very good.

The free weight section very rarely has girls, while the treadmills & the machine section has more chicks.

I've been to other gyms and I gotta say that the MQ gym is very clean and well-kept.

:D

errty

HSC
Outside the MQ Sport & Aquatic Center it said to go to the recreation center for students to sign up but where is it? i asked the reception at the center but it wasn't helpful and some people on campus but they didn't know. i couldn't find it today, i was disappointed.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
yeah, i'll be joining. it's alot more cost friendly than a regular gym =p

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
definately joining

gym+martial arts

anyone know if judo classes are running, i know tkd and karate are?

xJaix

HSC
Outside the MQ Sport & Aquatic Center it said to go to the recreation center for students to sign up but where is it? i asked the reception at the center but it wasn't helpful and some people on campus but they didn't know. i couldn't find it today, i was disappointed.
It was two doors down from the main entrance it had a white sign in front of it and to get in you had to walk through a bit of the garden as it has no distinct path to enter. The lady at the main entrance directed me. :)

I joined up via direct debit with no contract. I like the Mac Warrior shirt, for some reason I can see myself heaving trying to push myself just that little bit further, lmao.

xsavagex

HSC
Joining tomorrow because didnt have enough money to pay that bit today but its so worth it. I'm going to sign up for the 4 month one (do you get an extra month free) just to see if i like it :D

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Joining tomorrow because didnt have enough money to pay that bit today but its so worth it. I'm going to sign up for the 4 month one (do you get an extra month free) just to see if i like it :D
she said if u had a friend, and i was with my friend, so i dunno if ure going alone maybe some wont let u get the free month

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Its $480 a year or $40/month direct debit? Why doesn't everyone just use direct debit, thats what I will be doing. And if you won't use it over the summer hols, just cancel. I haven't used it since second year when it was around $7 for a casual visit. But now with heaps of breaks during classes, why not?

*hopeful*

HSC
I joined at the start of the year as i also work around the area and have to say i love it, dont know why i never considered it in the past

theres heaps of classes, im not 100% sure about judo, i dont think they have it but you can check on their website

i just pay dd monthly because theres no difference in paying upfront, its alot more cost-effective than other gyms

theres about 5 rowing machines, tons of treadys, x-trainers, bikes etc

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
So as we all know from our diaries the MQ Sport & Aquatic Center Student membership gives an unlimited access to:
  • 50 meter outdoor pool
  • 25 meter indoor pool
  • Gym
  • On-going gym programming
  • Group fitness classes
  • Yoga/Pilates
  • Martial Arts classes
  • Squash and Badminton court bookings
  • Play anytime sessions
All that for $40 per month and there is no contract.
They don't have a boxing ring. The facilities are atrocious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)