How helpful is PAL? (1 Viewer)

ameher

HSC
hey guys just curious, for those who have been in the past how helpful is pal for subjects like ACCG101 and ECON111?

williamc

HSC
hey guys just curious, for those who have been in the past how helpful is pal for subjects like ACCG101 and ECON111?
the "workshops"(tutes) in econ111 are great. I think if you attend them you really wont need to go to PAL. If possible attend michael dobbies lecture and workshop, he is a great introductory microeconomics lecturer.

ameher

HSC
oh ok cool thanks man, atm im in prashans lecture. Btw did you find econ111 easier than econ110? and do you have any tips on how to do well in this subject? thanks again.

blackrider89

HSC
oh ok cool thanks man, atm im in prashans lecture. Btw did you find econ111 easier than econ110? and do you have any tips on how to do well in this subject? thanks again.
Mr Kararatne from Sri Lanka? He s ok, not so good not too bad.

Yup, I feel it 's much easier.

My tips r if m8 don't understand some very complex stuff from lecture 4+5, don't be scared. U even can forget or put them aside. Just focus on Trade, Elasticity, 3 (or more?) types of market competition and lecture 11+12.

Btw, how about the assesment this sem?

Last edited:

ameher

HSC
thanks for the advice man. yer he seems alright i mean its hard to judge after one lecture.

the assesment is a multiple choice test in week 4, funny since the tutorials dont start until week 4 for this subject. then we have an assignment due in week 9 worth 25% and then the final exam worth 60%.

blackrider89

HSC
thanks for the advice man. yer he seems alright i mean its hard to judge after one lecture.

the assesment is a multiple choice test in week 4, funny since the tutorials dont start until week 4 for this subject. then we have an assignment due in week 9 worth 25% and then the final exam worth 60%.
Much reasonable than this sem when the Final one accounted 4 75%???

They've changed the textbook into Principles of Microeconomics by Frank, Bernanke and Jennings? I do not think that will be a great idea if it's right.

williamc

HSC

i found 111 harder than 110 because it differed more from the HSC course. All the producer theory (cost curves etc) will be new to you, and getting your head around the concepts may take a while.

tips: dont memorise the graphs, actually understand them.

williamc

HSC
They've changed the textbook into Principles of Microeconomics by Frank, Bernanke and Jennings? I do not think that will be a great idea if it's right.
I thought Bernake's introductory microeconomics textbook was good..

*hopeful*

HSC
i found PAL helpful for accg subjects as long as its a productive session and not just all airy-fairy groupwork, work as a team stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)