Bachelor of Comm / Law (1 Viewer)

rugbymad7

HSC
Just wondering if there are any students who currently do, have done, or known anything upon the course.

What it is like, if it is a worthwhile course to do etc.

Cheers.

Tabris

HSC
Home - 2009 Course Handbook - Macquarie University

Theres alot of commerce related degrees related. Have a look for yourself.

When you say worthwhile and what is it like, what do you mean exactly? is it worthwhile for a corporate law career? learning experience? just the general atmosphere?

loz1

HSC
i'm interested in that course aswell, but don't wanna do it in sydney.. thinking more along the lines of griffith/wollongong/newcastle, but i would still like to know about the workload (is it as hard as i think it will be?)
and it is worthwhile? (as in will i use much of what i learn of it in the workforce)

Xcelz

HSC
workload will be big. u work hard then you will be ok, you slack off then you'll experience trouble.

Tabris

HSC
Usually 1 subject = 3CP...they expect that 1CP = 3 contact/study hours - so 9 hours per subject per week (No one I know spends so much time on it...)

If your a HD/D average type:

2 Hour lecture/week
1 Hour tute

that leaves 6 hours for your own study:

1:30-2 hours in doing the readings...when they say readings they mean read+make notes+read again

1 hour on doing the tute questions

1:30-2 hours for assignments, major quizzes etc.

thats about 8-9 hours..... Most people I know dont spend even half as much and with part time work etc. and other personal interests, it would be abit hard if your aiming high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)