ECON201 anyone? (1 Viewer)

Mathmatics85

HSC
I'm taking econ201 this sem. so far we've covered the long run and nothing has been too difficult.

basically I have 2 questions to ask..I have a mid-sem exam coming up this week, is it going to be similar to the tute questions? is it a case-based?

also..how hard is the final? is there going to be a lot of tricky and hard questions or are they very straight-forward? I'm more worried about this unit than BUSL320 for some reason...

atreus

HSC
I did ECON201 last year and Natalia was the convenor. From memory, the mid semester was 10 or 20 multiple choice and 2 short answers worth 10 marks each. The multiple choice can be tricky, but going to the tuts should help with those.
The long answer ones are model-based. In the mid-sem I think there was an IS-LM question, and a Solow model question, or at least one about sources of growth.
Basically, know the models, understand how they work, and explain what's going on in a clear, concise way.

As for the final, it was 30 or 40 multiple choice, and then you chose 3 long answer questions from 8. Or there was one compulsory and 2 we could choose. Can't remember. But these are model-based as well - just like ECON110 but with more complicated models.

Mathmatics85

HSC
We had a 25 MCQs, 2 marks each, and 2 long answer questions worth 25 marks each.

one was on AS-AD, and the other was on some production function crap.

overall it wasn't too hard, I'm hoping for our final to be similar.

thanks for your input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)