Macquarie Law any good? (1 Viewer)

zombiejesus

HSC
I have an offer from Macquarie for an LL.B. I also have offers from UNE and SCU. All distance.

Is the Macquarie Law program any good? I have seen some negative comments on here. To the point where someone said the Law School is a laughing stock.

blackrider89

HSC
I have an offer from Macquarie for an LL.B. I also have offers from UNE and SCU. All distance.

Is the Macquarie Law program any good? I have seen some negative comments on here. To the point where someone said the Law School is a laughing stock.
I have studied one unit, BUSL250. It's only a Business law one, may not be quite similar to subjects one studies in the Law School. But overall I feel it's a bit (I'm an easy-going guy lol) disorganized and 1 of the 2 lecturers of the subject did not know basic skills to teach. Just repeat her (not quite good) notes.

X

xeuyrawp

It really doesn't matter; you've only got offers from UNE and SCU. Macquarie is definitely better, although I sincerely hope you know that a distance LLB really won't get you far.

Sorry to be harsh but I feel like a lot of unis BS about distance degrees being 'equal'. Yes, they're legally the same and offer you the same qualifications, but they're by no means equal.

Tabris

HSC
I have studied one unit, BUSL250. It's only a Business law one, may not be quite similar to subjects one studies in the Law School. But overall I feel it's a bit (I'm an easy-going guy lol) disorganized and 1 of the 2 lecturers of the subject did not know basic skills to teach. Just repeat her (not quite good) notes.
BUSL is from the ECFS/BESS department and not from Macq Law School.

Some law students view it as a watered down version of several law units crammed into a fob/cashcow-friendly manner.

dolbinau

HSC
It really doesn't matter; you've only got offers from UNE and SCU. Macquarie is definitely better, although I sincerely hope you know that a distance LLB really won't get you far.

Sorry to be harsh but I feel like a lot of unis BS about distance degrees being 'equal'. Yes, they're legally the same and offer you the same qualifications, but they're by no means equal.
zomg did you see Avenue Q at the Theatre Royal when the tour was in Sydney?

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
It does really depend on the situation of the student.

Of course it would not be beneficial to an undergraduate.

However, I think you'll find most students doing distance education are doing so to support or enhance existing workplace opportunities.

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I have seen some negative comments on here. To the point where someone said the Law School is a laughing stock.
*cough* there may a grain of truth in that *cough* You should do a bit more investigation beyond bos to find out which university you want to pick..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)