FML my sem 1 2011 timetable is a piece of shit thread (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
At uni everyday but Friday but for never more than 2 hours. I live an hour and a half away. None of these units use iLecture. Lame.

Vent your anger or gloat about your 2011 timetable here.

Paradox.101

HSC
What? No custom timetables?! I was told we get to handpick the days and hours on our timetables during infoday...those goonbags!

chaminda

HSC
Hi m8, you should be able to select your classes (the tutorials I mean) however the lectures are set and everyone attends to them. If I were you enrol EARLY as possible to secure the best classes you want.

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Just enroll in tutes that line up, and go to any lecture??

chaminda

HSC
Just enroll in tutes that line up, and go to any lecture??
Hi Ziva,

Well ALL tutorials in first year should line up otherwise there would be clashes. The university is fully aware of this and have made it such that no-one is screwed. In terms of going to lectures, ALL students attent the ONE lecture at the specified time(s) and day(s) (e.g. you have a subject called ENG101...all students who do this subject will be in the one room).

Trust me I've been at uni for 8 years lol.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi Ziva,

Well ALL tutorials in first year should line up otherwise there would be clashes. The university is fully aware of this and have made it such that no-one is screwed. In terms of going to lectures, ALL students attent the ONE lecture at the specified time(s) and day(s) (e.g. you have a subject called ENG101...all students who do this subject will be in the one room).

The problem is that you can do some second year units as a first year too...but yeah in general they won't clash, shame for the rest of us

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Hi Ziva,

This will be my 4th year of university - and I can assure you that not "ALL" students attend the ONE lecture at the specified time. Most 100 level units have larger student bodies, and thus they have multiple streams.

Lecture hoping only presents a problem when the lecture halls are full. They send out an email saying make sure you go to your lecture, and that they will be checking. Obviously they never check.

I'm pretty sure the OP does marketing anyway, marketing units have the highest lecture attrition rates out of any units I've done. I've probably done 4-5 marketing units, and gone to less lectures for those units combined. My point is that after about week 4, there will be a multitude of seats in almost every marketing unit. (and pretty much most classes)

chaminda

HSC
Hi Ziva,

Mistaken your post as a question. Well for engineering yes they do, when I studied at the time, but for other faculties yeah I guess there are multiple classes.

Last edited:

NihaoMa

Banned
HSC
Cry, dentistry students have it 9-4 everyday with 30min-1hour break per day 5 days a week.

merillem

HSC
Love these threads. Having to be at uni every day seems like the pits, then everyone gets a job and realises 'Hey! Only having a few hours of uni work everyday isn't actually that bad!'
;)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I don't get why people think more hours = shitter timetable? I'd be fine if i was in class 5 hours a day 5 days a week, then my time isn't being wasted. What annoys me is that i can spend up to 3 1/2 hours traveling for a 1 hour lecture, or that i lose a shift at work because of a one hour tutorial. It's not 'this sucks i spend ages at uni', it's 'this sucks because my income is going to fucked over for a 1 hour class'.

Anyway, enough with all the aggression. I made this thread so MQ students can collectively sigh at their luck, not so people can play my dick is bigger than yours.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^sucks to be you next semester.

My timetable for semester look pretty good. Doing 3 units and i can fit all 3 into one day or balance it into a 2 day timetable.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If I ditch Latin, I can get two days off...

Lou283

HSC
Mine isn't too bad, in 3 days a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs). Unfortunately one of my marketing units has a 6pm lecture on a Tuesday and it's the only thing I have that day - but it's not so bad because atleast I can work during the day and go to uni straight from work.

Wednesday is the worst; I have a 9am lecture, a 12pm tute and then nothing until I have another tute at 6pm! - Atleast I can take my laptop that day and just get all my assignments done with access to the library. Monday isn't too bad; 10 - 6 with a 2 hour break over lunch. That serves me right for mixing 2nd and 3rd year marketing subjects together and then doing a first year media elective!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Fuck that wednesday right off, that's a loooong wait. And Asylum, if you ditch latin i'll set you up on a dinner date with nathan. But if you do... can i have your copy of North and Hillard?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Fuck that wednesday right off, that's a loooong wait. And Asylum, if you ditch latin i'll set you up on a dinner date with nathan. But if you do... can i have your copy of North and Hillard?
Hahahah, decisions :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)