Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3072
Like Tree734Likes

Thread: MQ Chatter Thread

  1. #2951
    Existential Crisis InsoulvencyReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    I wish I had the opportunity to intern but needed cashoolahs to fund uni

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    B Business, Accounting and Business Law - UTS (Graduate of 2018) #SerialTransferee #EternalStudent #UACHallofFame

  2. #2952
    Junior Member LightOfTheSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Hey guys,

    Good to be back Thinking about overloading next semester so I can graduate at the end of 2019.

    Subjects I'm doing next sem:
    Regency Literature (English)
    Murder & Detective Lit (English)
    Renaissance History (Modern History)
    Moral Philosophy Of Good & Evil (Philosophy)
    “In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. Sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them. Mark that well, Alayne. It's a lesson that Cersei Lannister still has yet to learn.”


    B.Arts (English & Modern History) ~ Macquarie University (2017-2019)

  3. #2953
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Hi,

    Can someone please explain to me what exactly does the 100 level, 200 level and 300 level mean and how that impacts/influences on the courses I enrol in.

    Thank You.

  4. #2954
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Also is there any easy & good electives lol that anyone recommends?

    Also when is the last date that you must enroll into your courses by?
    Last edited by pistachioman; 15 Jan 2019 at 8:12 PM.

  5. #2955
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pistachioman View Post
    Hi,

    Can someone please explain to me what exactly does the 100 level, 200 level and 300 level mean and how that impacts/influences on the courses I enrol in.

    Thank You.
    100 -> first year subject, typically the easiest
    200 -> Second year subject, next level of difficulty
    300 -> Third year subject,hardest level of difficulty.

    You are likely to have to do a fullfilled a prequsite before commencing 200+ level courses. This might be take a set number of subject at 100 level, 200, etc. Or may be you have to have done ACCG100 before you can enrol in ACCG101 as it "builds on" and requires knowledge gained for doing the subject. Some requirements before enrolling in a specific subject might include you have to have done a set amount of "arts" subject, or be enrolled in a specific degree such as Bachelors of Law.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  6. #2956
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pistachioman View Post
    Also is there any easy & good electives lol that anyone recommends?

    Also when is the last date that you must enroll into your courses by?
    Focus on completing your core degree subject requirements first.

    It is feasible to enrol up to the day before Uni starts in units. Wouldn't recommend it as classes typically get full up and you get stuck with shitty times, or are not able to enrol in the subjects, so you have to pick a different one.


    The very last day to enrol/change subjects is 10 March 2019, however University semester starts on the 25th February. Additionally units are likely to have assessments due before the 10 March so don't pick subjects then, as you marks will be capped as you haven't submitted earlier assignments.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  7. #2957
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by InsoulvencyReaper View Post
    I wish I had the opportunity to intern but needed cashoolahs to fund uni

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Could still do some internships if you are desperate
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  8. #2958
    Existential Crisis InsoulvencyReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Could still do some internships if you are desperate
    Hahaha, I'm good.

    I wish I had it before I ended up 4 years into insolvency

    Having second thoughts about moving to business advisory. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    B Business, Accounting and Business Law - UTS (Graduate of 2018) #SerialTransferee #EternalStudent #UACHallofFame

  9. #2959
    Webmaster brent012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HSC
    2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,712
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brent012 View Post
    Seems odd that this would be required if it's online. I'm starting a US based online postgrad program next year, so i'm sure i'll be surprised at some of the stuff they do over there lol.
    Lol, funny I mentioned this back then...

    Got this last night:
    We are aware that you have inaccurately received an email to complete Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students. We apologize for any confusion this might have caused you. We want to clarify that online graduate students are NOT required to complete Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students.
    ~

  10. #2960
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Do you guys think its worth doing the recommended elective macquarie uni suggest in the program guide. Cause then i also have to pick another elective in which then my 1st semester will have 2 core units and 2 electives totaling to 4 units this semester. I was rather thinking to do 3 core units and 1 elective, and not doing the elective they recommend but do something else that im interested in.

  11. #2961
    Beast Zoinked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pistachioman View Post
    Do you guys think its worth doing the recommended elective macquarie uni suggest in the program guide. Cause then i also have to pick another elective in which then my 1st semester will have 2 core units and 2 electives totaling to 4 units this semester. I was rather thinking to do 3 core units and 1 elective, and not doing the elective they recommend but do something else that im interested in.
    No. I personally believe that you should save your electives till you have hard semesters.

    Doing 3 300 level units can be eased with the elective, rather than having to do 4 300 level units in one sem.
    mrstripedshades likes this.

    2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) @ Mq Uni

  12. #2962
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by InsoulvencyReaper View Post
    Hahaha, I'm good.

    I wish I had it before I ended up 4 years into insolvency

    Having second thoughts about moving to business advisory. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Let me know how the hours are....

    You can always move back into advisory!
    Have you started CA yet?
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  13. #2963
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brent012 View Post
    Lol, funny I mentioned this back then...

    Got this last night:
    I mean in some legal definitions, assualt may be "verbal" or a "threat" to do something so not completely out of the scope of things.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  14. #2964
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pistachioman View Post
    Do you guys think its worth doing the recommended elective macquarie uni suggest in the program guide. Cause then i also have to pick another elective in which then my 1st semester will have 2 core units and 2 electives totaling to 4 units this semester. I was rather thinking to do 3 core units and 1 elective, and not doing the elective they recommend but do something else that im interested in.
    I'd wait till atleast 2nd year before doing electives.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  15. #2965
    Existential Crisis InsoulvencyReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Let me know how the hours are....

    You can always move back into advisory!
    Have you started CA yet?
    I'm not sure yet but yes, I will you know (provided I don't chicken out and pull out of the program).

    I could always move back into insolvency; that is true.

    Yes, I did tax in T3. I'm doing MAAF next; just got my candidate study guide. What a shame the unit starts on the 28th. I'm off to US on the 29th. I intend on doing some light reading on the plane ... Hope it works out, hahahahaha.

    Are you starting CA? YAY or NAY?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    B Business, Accounting and Business Law - UTS (Graduate of 2018) #SerialTransferee #EternalStudent #UACHallofFame

  16. #2966
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    KPMG Australia: Graduates & Students
    4 hrs ·
    Applications for our 2020 Graduate Program and 2019/2020 Vacationer Program open on 18 February 2019.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  17. #2967
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by InsoulvencyReaper View Post
    I'm not sure yet but yes, I will you know (provided I don't chicken out and pull out of the program).

    I could always move back into insolvency; that is true.

    Yes, I did tax in T3. I'm doing MAAF next; just got my candidate study guide. What a shame the unit starts on the 28th. I'm off to US on the 29th. I intend on doing some light reading on the plane ... Hope it works out, hahahahaha.

    Are you starting CA? YAY or NAY?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Not yet missed the enrollment (yes I know a tad slack!!)

    Oh you picked up on the fact I meant insolvency...late nights are getting to me....

    How have you found ca so far?
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  18. #2968
    Existential Crisis InsoulvencyReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Not yet missed the enrollment (yes I know a tad slack!!)

    Oh you picked up on the fact I meant insolvency...late nights are getting to me....

    How have you found ca so far?
    Manageable. Requires quite a bit of study and understanding unless you're a genius haha.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    B Business, Accounting and Business Law - UTS (Graduate of 2018) #SerialTransferee #EternalStudent #UACHallofFame

  19. #2969
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LightOfTheSeven View Post
    Hey guys,

    Good to be back Thinking about overloading next semester so I can graduate at the end of 2019.

    Subjects I'm doing next sem:
    Regency Literature (English)
    Murder & Detective Lit (English)
    Renaissance History (Modern History)
    Moral Philosophy Of Good & Evil (Philosophy)
    Planning to do 5 subjects s2?
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  20. #2970
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by InsoulvencyReaper View Post
    Manageable. Requires quite a bit of study and understanding unless you're a genius haha.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    One of the cases where becoming a genius would be quite helpful
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  21. #2971
    Existential Crisis InsoulvencyReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    One of the cases where becoming a genius would be quite helpful
    Yup.

    I'm not so nervous about MAAF and AAA. I am about FIN. I also can't believe I started with one of the hardest modules. I'm surprised I got through it.

    Anyway, I get my results on Friday. Rather nervous. I hope I pass and don't need to do the supp.

    I was far too confident leaving the exam hall but after giving it thought; I'm not so sure.

    Leaving FIN to the end for that auto supp though, lol!

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    B Business, Accounting and Business Law - UTS (Graduate of 2018) #SerialTransferee #EternalStudent #UACHallofFame

  22. #2972
    Member BenHowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Uni Grad
    2020
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoinked View Post
    No. I personally believe that you should save your electives till you have hard semesters.

    Doing 3 300 level units can be eased with the elective, rather than having to do 4 300 level units in one sem.
    4 actuarial exemption units in sem 2 no negotiations
    Zoinked likes this.
    3rd Year Applied Finance/Actuarial Studies @ MQ
    GPA 6.77 WAM 87%
    Part 1's: CT1,CT2, CT3,1/2 CT5,CT7

  23. #2973
    Junior Member LightOfTheSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Planning to do 5 subjects s2?
    Yeah.... might do my Planet unit as well (Life, The Universe and Everything) in S1. I tried to change my degree into the 2019 version, but it was rejected. Oh well I really freak out over science and maths, it's not my field at all.

    I have 10 units to go in my degree. The good thing about English Lit is that you can read the books in advance, and that cuts down the amount of work you have to do in that unit.
    “In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. Sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them. Mark that well, Alayne. It's a lesson that Cersei Lannister still has yet to learn.”


    B.Arts (English & Modern History) ~ Macquarie University (2017-2019)

  24. #2974
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LightOfTheSeven View Post
    Yeah.... might do my Planet unit as well (Life, The Universe and Everything) in S1. I tried to change my degree into the 2019 version, but it was rejected. Oh well I really freak out over science and maths, it's not my field at all.

    I have 10 units to go in my degree. The good thing about English Lit is that you can read the books in advance, and that cuts down the amount of work you have to do in that unit.
    And If you like the books and reading it is less of a chore?
    LightOfTheSeven likes this.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  25. #2975
    Junior Member LightOfTheSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: MQ Chatter Thread

    Pretty much- just gotta hope the English staff pick interesting texts!
    “In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. Sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them. Mark that well, Alayne. It's a lesson that Cersei Lannister still has yet to learn.”


    B.Arts (English & Modern History) ~ Macquarie University (2017-2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •