Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Business & Economics Subject Review Thread

HSC

Re: Business & Economics Subject Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kkmok View Post
    Pretty sure the unit convener is always Fazeel Jaleel and it is a core for BAFIN.

The reason why most students get really low marks because they don't even know some of the basic statistic concept in this unit, this unit is really easy if you have some basic regression knowledge. It is just application of regression model in economics, but the fact that stat170 only cover very little regression. It is just read off the output from Gretl and copy down relevant information and draw conclusion.

I remember my tutor prevent me from using my first language to help other students with econ241 problem, in later tutorials I end up just finish the quiz in 10-15minutes and just leave the classroom zz.

I took this subject in 2014S1 because my friend did it in 2013S3 and said it was really easy with 0 effort.
    It also took 0 effort for me, I just attend all tutorial for marks and I didn't go to lectures or even using echo360, because I was doing stat306 stat375 at the same time where stat375 wk1-4 basically cover econ241 wk1-13.
    Kenny is that you? My tutor for ACST101 !
    BCom acct/fins @UNSW

HSC

1st year second semester 2014.

Unit Code: ACCG101
    Difficulty: Easy
    Lecturer: Amy Tung
    Tutor: Sabrina Shen (Excellent tutor)
    Year and Semester Taken: 2014 S2
    Workload:Moderate
    Comments: Fairly straight forward unit. Just learn the accounting process and concepts and practice applying them. There's more theory than ACCG100 but it's simple, easy theory. The MYOB software learning was interesting and gives the unit a bit of spice. GPA booster.
    Assessment Breakdown: 15% four "random" in-class tests where each test is worth 5% and your best three are chosen. 10% homework collection. 5% first MYOB assignment. 10% second MYOB assignment test. 5% reflective report. 55% final examination.

Unit Code: ACST101
    Difficulty: Very easy
    Lecturer: Gail Curry
    Tutor: Kenny Mok (Excellent tutor). Would highly recommend. Edit: Highest ACST101 class average across his 4 classes.
    Workload: Depends what grade you want. If you want HD guarranteed, the workload is moderate. If only aiming for Credit - Distinction then workload is low.
    Comments: My recommended study pattern to guarantee a High Distinction is to always do the revision questions before you do the weekly online quiz. The revision questions will take you between 30mins-1.5hrs depending on your pace and the weekly online quizzes will take you around 30mins-1hr. So tbh you only need to study ACST for 2.5 hours minimum each week if you want a high distinction. GPA booster.
    Assessment Breakdown: 20% weekly online quiz, 20% tests, 60% final examination.

Unit Code: ECON111
    Lecturer: Jordi McKenzie
    Tutor: Edwin Franks (Excellent tutor)
    Workload:low
    Comments: Straight forward microeconomics. GPA booster.
    Assessment Breakdown: 10% in-class participation and tutorial attendance, 20% assignment, 10% online quizzes, 60% final examination.

Unit Code: MKTG101
    Difficulty: Unnecessarily difficult
    Lecturer: June Buchanan. She is the greatest unit convener. I would recommend you deal with her directly if you have questions regarding anything with mktg101 and don't bother with your tutors.
    Tutor: Rather not say. I HIGHLY would not recommend this tutor. However, just for the sake of their reputation and image, I will not mention their name.
    Workload: moderate
    Assessment Breakdown: 10% participation, 20% individual essay, 30% group presentation.

Comments for MKTG101: Poor tutor, unnecessary tough marking, inconsistent marking, did not learn anything new in this unit, participation marks were marked ridiculously hard, poor explanation, poor feedback, did I mention inconsistent marking? GPA destroyer. Would highly recommend avoiding this unit unless it is a core. It is a GPA destroyer. If you are aiming for a distinction+, prepare to struggle, prepare to get rekt, always try to get your assessments remarked because marking is inconsistent. TRUST ME it's worth it. Have fun trying to maintain a 4.0 gpa if you're obliged to take this unit.
    Last edited by Confound; 28 Nov 2014 at 8:37 PM.
    BCom acct/fins @UNSW

Cadet
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Pretty sure I said the class were highest amongst 4 of my classes, there are classes filled with a lot of actuarial studies students that drive the average to like 8/10 ;o
    Mres

HSC

Unit Code: ECON203
    Difficulty: Moderate
    Lecturer: Pundarik
    Tutor: (No idea lol, an asian)
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015, S1
    Workload: Moderate
    Comments: Decent unit, requires quite a bit of calculus. My tutor was pretty good and went through the main concepts quite clearly. Pundarik rushed through the lectures abit i feel. H/w is not assessable so hardly anyone does it but you should do it to keep on top of the content.
    Assessment Breakdown: 2 x Online Quizzes (5% each), 1 Online Assignment pretty much a quiz (10%), Midsem (25%), attendance (2%), tute engagement (3%), Final (50%)

Unit Code: ECON241
    Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
    Lecturer: Fazeel
    Tutor: Ariadne
    Workload: Light
    Comments: Contiuation of STAT170 basically. Easy if you go over the lecture slides. He marks the major assignment hard af tho so dont expect to get too high in that.
    Assessment Breakdown: Tutorial Quizzes (10%), H/W Quizzes (20%), Major Assignment (20%), Final Exam (50%)

Unit Code: ACCG301
    Lecturer: Ranjith
    Tutor: Shadab
    Comments: Easy unit. Fair bit of work with the assessed hw. Oh and do NOT get Shadabs tute, he never gives a 3/3 for hw whereas other tutors do. Think he marks the group report fairly harshly too. SO do NOT get Shadab for a strong internal mark leading into the final exam.
    Assessment Breakdown: Randomly Assessed H/W + In Class Q (15%), Group Report (20%), 2 x In-Class Tests (7.5% each), Final Exam (50%)

Unit Code: ACCG308
    Difficulty: Difficult
    Lecturer: Stephen
    Tutor: No idea lol, again some asian
    Workload: Moderate (You choose do the hw or not, its upto you, strongly recommend doing it though)
    Comments:Tough bit is Consolidation (weeks 6-10) the other topics are easyish. Work hard for Consolidation and youll achieve a D atleast. The Virtual Tutuorials on ilearn were gold.
    Assessment Breakdown: 4 x In-Class Tests (6% each), Group Report (14%), Online Quiz (7%), Final Exam (55%)
    B of Applied Finance/B of Professional Accounting at Macquarie University
    2013 - 2016

CA
    2017 - 2018

Ernst & Young Assurance Grad
    2017 - God only knows when

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ECON241
    Lecturer: Fazeel
    Workload: Light
    Comments: Easy to get a distinction hard to get a HD. The assignment was marked very strictly and there was a very low average however tutorial quizzes and homework quizzes are quite easy and the final exam is not difficult at all and similar to past exams.
    Assessment Breakdown: Tutorial Quizzes (10%), H/W Quizzes (20%), Major Assignment (20%), Final Exam (50%)

Unit Code: ECON204
    Lecturer: Jeffery Sheen
    Tutor: Ariadne
    Workload: Heavy
    Comments: Lots of quizzes and weekly online assessments, with some complex questions. Can get annoying and easy to forget about them. Content was also bit more difficult to previous economic subjects and covered a lot through the semester
    Assessment Breakdown: Online Quizzes (20%), Online assignments (10%), Group presentation (20%), Final Exam (60%)

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACCG100
    Lecturer: Medhat
    Workload: Light-Moderate
    Comments: Throughly recommend going to the lecture as going through the examples especially at the end was very helpful. Don't leave the Perdisco assignment to the very end, as it is time consuming and is a good opportunity to pick up relatively easy marks!
    Assessment Breakdown: Tutorial Quizzes (15% made up of 3 *5%(6 quizzes in total)), Mid semester test (15%), Major Assignment (20%), Final Exam (50%)
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: AFIN253
    Lecturer: Damian
    Difficulty: easy
    Workload: low
    Comments: easy concepts, basic maths. pretty much same as acst101. 20% quiz very easy, midsem easy, assignmemt also easy. Final was a little difficult but overall not a difficult subject to get a distinction and would definitely recommend it.

Meow meow meow meow meow? ilikecats's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by thor1990 View Post
    Unit Code: AFIN253
    Lecturer: Damian
    Difficulty: easy
    Workload: low
    Comments: easy concepts, basic maths. pretty much same as acst101. 20% quiz very easy, midsem easy, assignmemt also easy. Final was a little difficult but overall not a difficult subject to get a distinction and would definitely recommend it.
    Quick question, when did you take acst101?

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecats View Post
    Quick question, when did you take acst101?
    Semester 1 of this year

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by thor1990 View Post
    Semester 1 of this year
    Awesome.

The course had changed so I wasn't sure if you had taken the older (and more difficult version) or the new version. Good to hear you didn't find AFIN253 difficult despite doing the new version of ACST101

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: MKTG101
    Lecturer: Elliot(Guy who wrote the textbook)
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015 S2
    Workload:
    Credit=low
    Distinction=low/moderate
    High Distinction=Moderate
    Comments:
    Potentially a GPA booster but you need to be very careful with the group component part (worth 30%)
    Ensure that your group hands in regular bits of work, and ensure that you edit it/quality control.
    Do the practice multiple choice questions that available online as a significant proportion of the questions are recycled.
    Very similar to business Studies marketing section.
    Assessment Breakdown:
    20% weekly online quiz, 30% Marketing(Group) plan, 10% hand in Discussion Questions, 40% final examination.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACCG101
    Difficulty:Moderate
    Lecturer: Can't remember
    Workload:
    Moderate
    Comments:
    Unlike ACCG100, you are expected to put aside time for reading the chapters, which contain content that is examinable/testable.
    I recommend attending PAL, and making notes on the weekly reading chapter.
    MYOB Saturday lectures were recorded, we did however had a mid term on Saturday (MYOB in class task)

Assessment Breakdown:
    Class Test 15% ( 2 x 7.5% weighted tests)
    Class presentation 5%
    Assignments 30% (10% reflective report, in class 15% MYOB practical task, and 5% hand in myob task)
    Final Examination 50% (Must pass final to pass course)
    Last edited by BLIT2014; 11 Dec 2015 at 12:07 PM.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ECON111
    Difficulty:Easy/Moderate?
    Lecturer: Prashan/Jordi
    Either of the two are good for Microeconomics lecturers, but I'd say Prashan may be better if you struggle paying attention to lectures.
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015
    Workload: Moderate? (Not sure?)
    Assessment task:
    Weekly Online Quizzes 10%
    Weekly Tutorial Assessment 10% (Hand in homework/Attend class(5%) and participation (5%)
    Assignment - THREE submissions 30% (Get the exact same questions of assignment for in class task, 2 are marked from hand in, and 2 are done inclass)
    Final Examination 50%

Comments:
    GPA booster (With a bit of effort a significant proportion of the people I've spoken to have got a Distinction or higher)
    Assignment can be a bit tricky, so better not leave it to the last minute.
    Don't need the textbook at all to do well (Not worth purchasing)
    The unit really wants you to exceed, and does everything in their power to ensure that people succeed.
    Last edited by BLIT2014; 10 Dec 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: HRM107
    Difficulty: Easy(Unsure?) Content was easy to understand
    Lecturer: Troy (Probably the best lecturer that I've experienced at university so far)
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015
    Workload:Light/Moderate
    Assessment breakdown:
    30% group report, 10% participation, 10% debate, 10% individual debate report, 40% exam
    Comments:
    A fairly interesting unit, but quite challenging as well as they mark "tough" (Well a lot harder then a lot of other first year units)
    It is a people unit, but I'd avoid this unit if you are aiming for an GPA/WAM booster.
    Look for examples, peer reviewed articles that can be used for evidence/quotes earlier on in the semester.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: Accg101 (Accounting 1B)
    Lecturer: Milica (joint UC with Peipei, who took the evening lecture)
    Tutor: Milica
    Year and Semester Taken: Semester 2, 2015

Workload: Moderate. You learn a lot of content during the semester plus with assessments and extra readings, it can be time consuming. It expands on accg100, but with more theory and difficult concepts. Can be difficult to catch up if you are lazy early on as many of the topics flow into the next. 1 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial each week.

Comments: Revise weekly, everything links to the next topic and the final exam is generally the most difficult questions of each topic. Go to PAL. Milica is a great tutor, very knowledgeable and very willing to help. Lecturers can feel a bit rushed because they are only 1 hour. Uses the same textbook as accg100. Also follows on from some of the later topics in accg100, so it may be worth keeping your notes if you'd not overly confident with them.

Assessment Breakdown:
    • 2 Class Tests (7.5% each) in tutorial. Based on previous topics. Reasonably easy if you've done lectures and homework.
    • Group Presentation (5%) in tutorial based on previous weeks lecture and a homework question. Your marked as a group, so it can be a bit harder to do well than in your own. Only one week to prepare (ie. You know your in week 8, but you don't get the presentation topic and question until the week before), but overall a very simple assesment.
    • MYOB assignments: First one is 5% done at home, second is 15% done in a supervised Saturday class which is basically a repeat of the assignment. You need to attend Saturday lectures especially to learn how to use MYOB (I think they are recorded?). Time consuming but simple. Easier than the accg100 assignment by far. You aren't penalised for continually errors, but it can be difficult to navigate MYOB if you are unfamiliar. Most info is given, its more about inputting correctly.
    • Reflective Learning Report (10%), given a marking rubric and have to follow that. Easy to do well.
    • Final Exam (50% and must pass exam). Ours was wayyy more theory based than expected, but there was no nasty surprises or very difficult questions if you studied.

Unit Code: ACCG250 (Accounting Systems Design and Development)
    Lecturer: Mauricio
    Tutor: Fred
    Year and Semester Taken: Semester 2, 2015

Workload: Moderate. I'd say it varies person to person depending on how they cope with the assessments and their understanding of the unit. 2 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial per week.

Comments: This is a compulsory unit for accounting, but there is very little about it that is actually accounting. It's an information systems unit primarily. Mauricio is a great lecturer/coordinator, but people I've spoken with found this unit more difficult if accounting (like accg100,101,200) is their strong point and not essay writing and critical thinking. Overall, I really enjoyed this unit. My friends who love accounting, hated it. It is an easy unit to get a decent mark in, but to get a great mark, you need to put in the effort to understand exactly what they want. I was always getting told i "wasn't specific enough" and constantly got 8 and 9 out of 10 for assessed coursework... I thought it was being very specific! I'd highly recommend PAL for this unit. The style of questions they show you are great for preparing you.

Assessment Breakdown:
    • Assessed Coursework - 30%. Each week in the tutorial you get questions or activities to complete. 5 are marked, best 4 count. Doesn't require a lot of effort to prepare, if you go to the lecture you'll recognise most of the stuff. Many were open book. Going to PAL before your tutorial also helps immensely.
    • Group Report - 20%. We had to decide on groups in the second tutorial. 3000 words all up, can take a lot of time to get done depending on your group. Pick a good group, because this will take a lot of time and effort and it can be difficult to do very well. Your given a serious of questions, a scholarly article and have to do further research to prepare the report.
    • Group Presentation- 10%. Same groups as the report (hence it's important to be happy with your group). You need to make a video on a given question and topic (relates back to the content of the semester and your group report). Again, can be time consuming. Content of the video is marked equally to presentation, visual effects and audience engagement, so can be difficult to do well with a weak group.
    • Final Exam - 40%. Must pass the exam to pass the unit. Reasonably straight forward. We were told what to expect and that was in the exam. The questions are similar to the ones you do in the tutorials and PAL, but much much harder. We had one question that was 20 marks (so 1/5th of the exam), which basically required you to know the answer from a single bullet point on a single slide of a 60 slide lecture. Another topic your given examples of risks and you need to suggest controls; During the semester these were generally really obvious risks, but the final exam asked for 5 specific ones from the text and they were less obvious things.
    Last edited by ilikecats; 13 Dec 2015 at 2:17 PM.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: Econ335
    Difficulty: easy-moderate
    Lecturer: Sean Turnell (nicest guy to walk this planet)
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015 semester 2
    Workload:Light
    Assessment breakdown:
    20% review essay, 20% class test, 10% debate, 60% final exam
    Comments:
    no tutorials i.e no homework. 3 hour lectures. great lecturer with easy mid sem. assignment and final moderate difficulty. content is easy

HSC

Unit Code: BUSL301
    Lecturer: Zaman
    Tutor: Julian Dight
    Comments: Decent subject, should get an easy Cr at least. Participation is extremely dodgy though, my mate contributed a lot every week and only got 14/20 that too after complaining whilst my other mate in the same class also got 14 and he hardly contributed at all. Other than that the final is fairly straightforward and the online quiz is based on luck as its mc but its not too hard.
    Assessment Breakdown: 20% Participation, 20% Online Quiz, 60% Final

Unit Code: ECON334
    Lecturer: George
    Tutor: Ryan Esplin for the most part
    Workload: Light-Moderate
    Comments: If you liked econ241 you would probably like 334 too. weeks 1-5 was basically 241 but it got a lot tougher after that. However, the assignment which is based on weeks 6-10 helps a lot in terms of understanding the concepts better. Plus they basically tell you the answers for the assignment, i think the average for the ass. is around 80%. However the midsem was hard. 16/30 average mark and the highest mark outta the people i knew (fair few ppl i knew did it) was only 21.5/30. Final was easy, all mc and he copy pasted like 35/45 of the previous final he made. Ryan as usual is an awesome tutor and George is a bit of a dick lecturer.
    Assessment Breakdown:30% midsem, 30% assignment, 40% final

Unit Code: AFIN352
    Difficulty: Difficult
    Lecturer: Egon/Keith
    Tutor: Mai Ngyuen
    Workload: Heavy
    Comments: Hard ass unit, avoid it. The content is actually alright but the way it is taught reeks of disorganisation. If is could sum up the unit in one word it would be disorganised. Even the bloody ilearn page for it was confusing, where was the hw (loads of hw which no one really did), lecture slides put up on the morning of the lecture. Just a nightmare unit. Midsem was fairly decent but the group task was very difficult. It required you to have extensive knowledge of Excel which only a few people knew. The final was alright mainly due to the fact we were alowed a cheat sheet otherwise thered be alot of fails.
    Assessment Breakdown: 20% Midsem, 20% Group Task, 60% Final
    B of Applied Finance/B of Professional Accounting at Macquarie University
    2013 - 2016

CA
    2017 - 2018

Ernst & Young Assurance Grad
    2017 - God only knows when

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACCG200
    Lecturer: Sophia Su
    Tutor: Ranjith
    Year and Semester Taken: 2015 S3
    Workload: Medium
    Comments: Pretty easy unit, especially for a 200 level subject, would definitely recommend doing it. Easy to get high internal marks going into the final due to 25% being participation and tutorial homework. 5% excel assignment which is straight from the lecture notes, another easy 5%. I would recommend not doing it in summer school as their is a tutorial Monday Wednesday and Friday where you have to bring in your homework for each tute, so be prepared to lose your holidays. Saying that, each lecture is around 1hr and 10mins (scheduled for 1 hour and 30mins) and the content is very basic so its not hard to get through the course. Final exam is similar to the past paper and isn't easy but isn't hard.
    Assessment Breakdown: 10% particpation 20% assignment 10% class test 60% Final

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACCG200
    Difficulty: Easy/Medium
    Medium/Hard if you are a non-accounting major (BBA)
    Lecturer: Sophia Su
    Year and Semester Taken: 2016 S1
    Assessments:
    Class Participation (10%)
    Speak up in class each lesson/answer questions (tutor), and ask questions to solidify your understanding will enable you to make the most of this opportunity as well as gain the greatest participation points.
    Homework(10%)
    Considered the "easy" marks. Elaborate and write paragraph(s) for the short answer questions, as if you make small mistakes in the actual homework you may receive a higher grade.
    Excel (5%)
    Compulsory class in the midsemester break, go along to it as it pretty much goes through what you will be required to do in the assignment.
    In Class Test(15%)
    Multiple Choice; practice doing multiple choice quickly as you barely get time to scratch your nose.
    Final Exam(60%)
    Must pass final to pass course.Don't expect to finish the exam, the unit convenor will mention that.
    Similar difficulty to the practice paper that you will receive.
    Comments:
    I felt that this subject was less rote learning, and more conceptual based. BBA students should focus on learning T-Accounts as this is an area that many students struggle, especially as ACCG105 doesn't focus on T-Accounts. The subject has also got a easier over the years, and if you are struggling it is well worth attending PAL for further consolidation.
    Last edited by BLIT2014; 14 Jul 2016 at 6:20 PM.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACCG250
    Lecturer: Mauricio Marrone
    Assessments:
    Assessed Coursework (35% )
    - 10% online quizzes based on Xero(Three OQ)
    - 25% in class assessment.
    => It is open book so I recommend that you buy the textbook and have access to the internet.
    =>Over explain everything for example when identifying a risk explain why it is a risk.
    => Go to PAL, have lecture slides available and it may be beneficial to read the chapter before class.
    Report (15%)
    Get a good group otherwise you are in a whole lot of bother.
    Presentation - Video(10%)
    Individually marked (practice speaking to the camera, and a lot of marks are given to "Visual Elements".)
    You will have to complete the task in the same group
    Final Exam (40%)
    Most of the multiple choice were from the textbook so I recommend that you go through your textbook multiple choice (at the back of each chapter).
    Take it nice and slowly, you have more then enough time!
    Comments:
    The lecturer is fantastic and makes it enjoyable to attend. PAL is also available for this subject, and can help you gain the technique needed to receive full marks in the assessments. I recommend this subject if you are good at conceptual subjects, have decent comprehension skills and have the rare ability of common sense. However people who struggle with English and found that they were really good at early accounting units may not find this an enjoyable experience.This is probably the "easiest" accounting level at 200+ level, and well worth undertaking. My tutor was really good and explained the concept well to.
    I'm ready to embrace

HSC
    Uni Grad

Unit Code:MKTG216
    Difficulty: Medium
    Lecturer: Fei Guo
    Workload: Medium/ A Lot
    Assessments:
    Get your marks here, although it is time consuming!
    Assignment 1: 15%
    Calculations/Short Answer/Essay(Critical Review of Literature)
    Assignment 2: 20%
    Calculations/Short Answer/Essay.
    Group Project: 25%
    Report (15%) 5000-6000 words including tables etc.I’d recommend you to aim to finish it within the break(or at least start it). You are required to make tables, population pyramids with excel, and a whole lot of graphs! In order to do well within the report. Look at the website Profile Id for more information/analysis of the two local LGAs.
    Presentation(10%)
    Final Exam (40%)
    You get a single sided (Typed/handwritten) crib sheet to take into the exam.
    I failed to finish the exam but apparently that isn’t normally the case and you should have enough time. Just don’t idle and move quickly? Practice calculation questions. Try and summarise a lot of different journal articles throughout the semester, and write(remember) statistics to provide evidence/discussion points.
    Comments:
    The assignments are extremely time consuming, however with effort you should be able to be rewarded with good/decent marks. Also I would recommend you do the readings(I did not) and summarise as it would make things a lot easier for exam preparation/assignments. I had no idea of what I was doing half the time, and I think the effort required for assignments were not worth the weightings. I’d steer clear of this subject, but a diligent student should be able to get a distinction/high distinction with effort. As well as a credit probably being attainable for most people.

Textbooks are available legally for free!
    Don't think attending lectures is worth it. Better of doing self study.
    Last edited by BLIT2014; 14 Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM.
    I'm ready to embrace

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: ACST201
    Difficulty: Medium-hard
    Lecturer: Sachi Purchal
    Year and Semester Taken: 2016 semester 1
    Workload: light
    Assessment breakdown:
    40% online submissions, 60% final exam

Comments:
    The final is quite hard, not just because of the questions but by how time constrained you'll find yourself in. Lots of annoying submissions worth 1% to 7% during the course, that can become incredibly tedious on top of marking 3 other people's submissions each time. However they can be considered easy marks if you have the time and patience. Overall I would not recommend this course.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_paki123 View Post
    Unit Code: BUSL301
    Lecturer: Zaman
    Tutor: Julian Dight
    Comments: Decent subject, should get an easy Cr at least. Participation is extremely dodgy though, my mate contributed a lot every week and only got 14/20 that too after complaining whilst my other mate in the same class also got 14 and he hardly contributed at all. Other than that the final is fairly straightforward and the online quiz is based on luck as its mc but its not too hard.
    Assessment Breakdown: 20% Participation, 20% Online Quiz, 60% Final

For some reason you don't have to do this course anymore if you're doing the professional accounting course. Looks like they removed this unit which I find weird..

http://courses.mq.edu.au/undergradua...nal-accounting

HSC
    Uni Grad

IMO it's probably a mistake.

Unless CAANZ have changed their entry requirements also.

You could easily take it as an elective anyway.
    Macquarie University
    Bachelor of Science
    Business Information Systems
    Might actually finish in 2017

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Uni Grad

Unit Code: Econ131
    Difficulty: Extremely easy
    Workload: Very light
    Comments: Probably the easiest subject at Macquarie as long as you dont hate maths. Very helpful for any business faculty degree, particularly economics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information