BComm - Professional Acc (1 Viewer)

Sasha123

HSC
Hello
So I am looking at Bcomm Accounting courses at different unis and Im wondering how Macq's compares with UTS, UNSW and Usyd.

I know UTS BAcc is similar to that of a cadetship, so Macquarie is my next option if I don't get into their program. AND I want to apply for cadetship next year so I was wondering if they (cadetship programs) look at, or care about what university you go to...

So if anyone has any information please let me know!!!
Any and all help is appreciated THANKS! :p

Sasha123

HSC
UNSW commerce master race ~
hahaha well yes thats what quite a few people have been saying lol
The ATAR is quite high up there, hopefully i get in... i did put it down as one fo my preferences.

Anyway my main concern is to whether the people running cadetship programs care about what university you are attending?

crazy_paki123

HSC
No, for accounting especially, university prestige is all a load of bullshit. If you want Investment Banking then yes they will discriminate towards UNSW/USYD more but for accounting people from UWS get cadetships. They care more about EC's and maintaining a CR+ average

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
No firms take cadets from all kinds of universities including UWS as mentioned.
This is true however unsw and usyd offer more opportunities due to its societies and their industry connections where you can develop your ECs.

crazy_paki123

HSC
This is true however unsw and usyd offer more opportunities due to its societies and their industry connections where you can develop your ECs.
dont all uni's provide opportunities tho? i cant say for any other uni's but Macquarie Uni there is ofcourse tha accounting students assoc. enactus aisec and all that, plus one can become a PAL leader, mentor, tutor on campus, play sport and do the GLP to name a few EC's at MQ. For accounting, just choosee the closest uni to u lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)