Pre-law entry? (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
So I really want to do combined Law & Science at MQ but the cut-off is 95.9 and I only got 94.9. According to everyone I spoke at open day apparently MQ law doesn't accept bonus points so my only chance seems to be pre-law. What's the chance of me being accepted into it and what is it exactly? I know you can attempt the first year of a law degree but what happens after? Do you have to transfer into law?

Idk I'm really confused :(

adendeleeuw

Fronds
HSC
Hey, the ATAR needed for pre law at macquarie is 93 so you'll be all good :) you just need to pass the foundations of law unit or whatever it's called and then you can transfer into Law/Science :)

photastic

HSC
So I really want to do combined Law & Science at MQ but the cut-off is 95.9 and I only got 94.9. According to everyone I spoke at open day apparently MQ law doesn't accept bonus points so my only chance seems to be pre-law. What's the chance of me being accepted into it and what is it exactly? I know you can attempt the first year of a law degree but what happens after? Do you have to transfer into law?

Idk I'm really confused :(
Like adendeleeuw said, for 2015, you need 93+ for pre law so you should not worry.

http://www.law.mq.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate_law_programs/new_pathways_into_law/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)