Medicine Question (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys so I'm in year 11 and I was just wondering if Macquarie is good for doing medicine through UMAT and stuff? Also what ATAR do you need to get in. If the answer is no, what universities would you guys recommend?

Thanks for any responses, keep on studying! :read::read::read:

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys so I'm in year 11 and I was just wondering if Macquarie is good for doing medicine through UMAT and stuff? Also what ATAR do you need to get in. If the answer is no, what universities would you guys recommend?

Thanks for any responses, keep on studying! :read::read::read:
I'm pretty sure Macquarie University doesn't have an undergraduate Medicine course atm? (Correct me if I'm wrong). They have a clinical science degree or advanced degrees for individuals who already have an MBBS/MD

http://www.mq.edu.au/about/about-th...faculty-of-medicine-and-health-sciences/study

In NSW, try for UNSW, University of Western Sydney or Newcastle (all these are undergrad courses)

I might be a bit biased (Sorry to other Uni people out there :p ) But UNSW probably has the highest median or mean ATAR (99.65+) and UMAT Scores (Most of us get 95+). However there are really amazing individuals who have lower ATARs and low 90s/high 80s UMAT. UNSW takes UMAT, ATAR and interviews in equal consideration.

Alternatively, if you get 99.95, you can go for the Usyd pathway.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pretty sure Macquarie University doesn't have an undergraduate Medicine course atm? (Correct me if I'm wrong). They have a clinical science degree or advanced degrees for individuals who already have an MBBS/MD

http://www.mq.edu.au/about/about-th...faculty-of-medicine-and-health-sciences/study

In NSW, try for UNSW, University of Western Sydney or Newcastle (all these are undergrad courses)

I might be a bit biased (Sorry to other Uni people out there :p ) But UNSW probably has the highest median or mean ATAR (99.65+) and UMAT Scores (Most of us get 95+). However there are really amazing individuals who have lower ATARs and low 90s/high 80s UMAT. UNSW takes UMAT, ATAR and interviews in equal consideration.

Alternatively, if you get 99.95, you can go for the Usyd pathway.
So you don't need 99+ or like 95+ UMAT to get into undergrad?

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the University but no you don't. Most people do have high ATARs and UMAT though.

You need a high UMAT to get a first round interview or a high ATAR/lower UMAT or relatively high ATAR/relative high UMAT to get a second round interview. You can get special consideration as well if you are disadvantaged financially, socially etc.

UNSW might also have the highest average.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on the University but no you don't. Most people do have high ATARs and UMAT though.

You need a high UMAT to get a first round interview or a high ATAR/lower UMAT or relatively high ATAR/relative high UMAT to get a second round interview. You can get special consideration as well if you are disadvantaged financially, socially etc.

UNSW might also have the highest average.
Oh ok, thanks for the help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)