Applied Finance w/ Pro Acct or Economics? (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
Hi all

Anyone doing applied finance with commerce- professional accounting or applied finance with economics? Would love to hear any thoughts on either combination as I will be doing one of them next year :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Applied Finance with Professional Accounting would probably be more useful.

What are your career plans? or interests?

shona99

HSC
Applied Finance with Professional Accounting would probably be more useful.

What are your career plans? or interests?
I would like to do anything in accounting and banking but nothing certain yet. I got an offer into that course tho so yay! :jump:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would like to do anything in accounting and banking but nothing certain yet. I got an offer into that course tho so yay! :jump:
Sounds like Applied Finance + Prof Accounting is the course to go for

Congratulations [emoji3]

EinstenICEBERG

Einstein V2
HSC
whats the difference between doing bachelor of commerce but with double major (acct + finance) while covering professional accounting accreditation compared to applied finance + professional accounting

I know its 1 degree vs 2 degrees as well as applied finance + professional accounting taking 4 years instead of 3.

also its 80 atar vs 88 atar.

I don't understand the difference. why wouldn't I just do bachelor of commerce with double majors if its quicker.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Professional Accounting and Accounting majors do not cover the same subjects. Accounting as a commerce major is not accredited.

You would need to complete the missing classes as electives and then have your degree assessed differently than if you had done professional accounting.

crazy_paki123

HSC
Professional Accounting qualifies for you for CA/CPA where as majoring in accounting does not. I found this out in 1st year where STAT170 was not required in an accounting major howver is required to do CA. Id imagine there is a similar story for Finance/Applied Finance and CFA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)