Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BLIT2014

Thread: Always getting pass or low credit mark

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    2

    Always getting pass or low credit mark

    I'm quite concerned about my mark because i mainly get 60-67 in my units so far. I'm up to date with my work and i understand the concepts but i've always struggled with my writing abilities. Every comment i get in my assignments is always "express clearly" or some writing comment about my grammar.

    should i be worrying about this pass mark?

  2. #2
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    9,384
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Always getting pass or low credit mark

    Quote Originally Posted by tylee View Post
    I'm quite concerned about my mark because i mainly get 60-67 in my units so far. I'm up to date with my work and i understand the concepts but i've always struggled with my writing abilities. Every comment i get in my assignments is always "express clearly" or some writing comment about my grammar.

    should i be worrying about this pass mark?
    https://students.mq.edu.au/support/s...demic-advisers

    Maybe attending a workshop may be helpful?
    https://students.mq.edu.au/support/s...kshop-calendar


    What subject(s)? What are you aiming to do as a job?

    A fair few graduate programs have a credit minimum so you'll ideally have an overall sng of 65+ in the subject at the end of the semester.
    tylee likes this.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Always getting pass or low credit mark

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post

    What subject(s)? What are you aiming to do as a job?

    A fair few graduate programs have a credit minimum so you'll ideally have an overall sng of 65+ in the subject at the end of the semester.
    currently i'm really struggling with human biology 108. I mean biology during highschool was fun but this topic is just hands down a killer
    I'm want to be a primary school teacher when im older ;-; hopefully hahah just submitted my educ essay so i pray i get at least a credit

    I'm awfully confused about the minimum credit point?? my course says:
    Minimum number of credit points for the degree 96
    Minimum number of credit points at 200 level or above 60
    but when i calculate all my units for the next 4 years, it doesnt even reach the minimum

    also does the sng number really matter?

    i'm such a lost child in uni

  4. #4
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    9,384
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Always getting pass or low credit mark

    Quote Originally Posted by tylee View Post
    currently i'm really struggling with human biology 108. I mean biology during highschool was fun but this topic is just hands down a killer
    I'm want to be a primary school teacher when im older ;-; hopefully hahah just submitted my educ essay so i pray i get at least a credit

    I'm awfully confused about the minimum credit point?? my course says:
    Minimum number of credit points for the degree 96
    Minimum number of credit points at 200 level or above 60
    but when i calculate all my units for the next 4 years, it doesnt even reach the minimum

    also does the sng number really matter?

    i'm such a lost child in uni
    You also have electives(units you get to choose from) which will count toward count towards the minimum credit points.

    I recommend that you go to an academic advisor who can help you with course structure.

    At the end of the day,bio108 is only a single unit towards your degree and performing well in other subjects can more then make up for it.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

  5. #5
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,227
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Always getting pass or low credit mark

    If you are aware of what weaknesses you have then you need to tackle them. There are plenty of services at uni to help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •