Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neil_

Thread: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

  1. #1
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    1

    Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Hey there,

    So I was thinking about doing the GLEP scheme for Macquarie Uni.

    I was wondering what are the chances of making it in.

    For the 3 Leadership/Extra-curricular activities I plan on adding:
    - My chess club/comp work
    - My programming portfolio
    - In-school fundraising I've done for the Vinnies December appeal.

    Has anyone gotten in? Could you tell me when they send you an email saying when you got in/didn't get in?


    Cheers,
    Neil
    Last edited by Neil_; 21 Jul 2017 at 10:08 PM.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  2. #2
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Yeah, good chance. A friend of mine made it in.

  3. #3
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Quote Originally Posted by si2136 View Post
    Yeah, good chance. A friend of mine made it in.
    Ah okay, thanks for your response. Do you know if:

    - They're really strict with grades?
    - If someone receives the offer before they sit the HSC? Because our school has 2 trials this term, so I'm wondering which one's marks count.
    - When exactly do people find out if they made it or not.
    Last edited by Neil_; 22 Jul 2017 at 1:10 AM.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  4. #4
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_ View Post
    Ah okay, thanks for your response. Do you know if:

    - They're really strict with grades?
    - If someone receives the offer before they sit the HSC? Because our school has 2 trials this term, so I'm wondering which one's marks count.
    - When exactly do people find out if they made it or not.
    Im also attempting to do it for engineering haha what course in particular?

    Ive also been wondering like how high the 'acceptance rate' is, because my 3 are:
    - Youth Week Volunteering
    - School leader program
    - Sports Captain (outside school)

    Best of luck to you :+)

    Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Quote Originally Posted by asKim View Post
    Im also attempting to do it for engineering haha what course in particular?

    Ive also been wondering like how high the 'acceptance rate' is, because my 3 are:
    - Youth Week Volunteering
    - School leader program
    - Sports Captain (outside school)

    Best of luck to you :+)

    Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk
    Ahaha, awesome! I want to get into Software Engineering. If that doesn't work out then a Science majoring in Computer Science or BIT, but hopefully Software Engineering (fingers crossed)

    Good luck to you as well
    asKim likes this.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2019
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Hi guys did anyone of u send ur applications to the uni yet? also what sort of marks are they looking for

  7. #7
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Quote Originally Posted by HSCgamer View Post
    Hi guys did anyone of u send ur applications to the uni yet? also what sort of marks are they looking for
    They dont necessarily look for marks. More based off your 'leadership' roles undertaken over your preliminary and hsc years (year 11 & 12).

    But they do look at past reports which should include ranks, marks etc. So they do look at you avademically but ofocus more on your extra curricular participation outside or inside of school.

    Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Global Leaders Entry Program for Engineering??

    Hey, how'd you go with your early entry?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •