Enrolling (1 Viewer)

Snowflek

HSC
So I'm currently enroling into applied finance with accounting, but im quite confused on how i should aproach it. Should i just put everything in session 1? Wil that be too much? Also, for the electives, can i pick anything that im interested in? What are people and planet set?Thank you

mrstripedshades

HSC
Not sure what you mean by putting everything in session 1, the max you can do is 4 units/subjects a session IIRC

Personally I do 4 units and the workload is very reasonable, at least based off of first year. I also worked part time for majority of it about 16-20 hours a week,it was doable and I think I got good results as well.

Some students may prefer to do 3 units, particularly later on when the subject matter gets harder, but I think you should try 4 in the first sem to see how you go.

People and planet units are basically electives that you choose from a set list. I think our degree only has one elective anyway, and regardless you shouldn't use it in first year (Imo its the same with P&P units, but most people I know wasted them already, but I'm saving them for later on as I can balance out harder units with an easy first year unit this way.)

I can't find it right now but there was a recommended list I just used in my first sem units, but either way our course/degree is really structured and you can pick whatever mix.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry this response is a tad delayed!

I'd start off with a total of four units for the first semester. You are also not be allowed to enrol in more then four without special permission usually!

Have a look at which session your units are offered each semester, and do a vague plan for the next four years over each semester to ensure that you can fulfill all the compulsory requirements.

I'd recomend that you do ACCG100 and ACST101 in the first semester. You could also do ECON110 (looks to be a preq for a few subjects later on) and potentially MKTG101?

I'd suggest that you do people and planet units before worrying about electives, as double degrees often have limited electives.

http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2018/Degr...achelor+of+Commerce+-+Professional+Accounting

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Sorry this response is a tad delayed!

I'd start off with a total of four units for the first semester. You are also not be allowed to enrol in more then four without special permission usually!

Have a look at which session your units are offered each semester, and do a vague plan for the next four years over each semester to ensure that you can fulfill all the compulsory requirements.

I'd recomend that you do ACCG100 and ACST101 in the first semester. You could also do ECON110 (looks to be a preq for a few subjects later on) and potentially MKTG101?

I'd suggest that you do people and planet units before worrying about electives, as double degrees often have limited electives.

http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2018/Degr...achelor+of+Commerce+-+Professional+Accounting
ACCG100 and ACST101 are a must! I would do STAT150 first semester as well, because in your 2nd semester, there is assumed stats knowledge in finance 1b. ECON110 or ECON111 are good choices for your 4th unit. I would delay MKTG101 and your people/planet units as they can be done any time and arent prerequisites for anything.

-fellow appfi/com student

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
ACCG100 and ACST101 are a must! I would do STAT150 first semester as well, because in your 2nd semester, there is assumed stats knowledge in finance 1b. ECON110 or ECON111 are good choices for your 4th unit. I would delay MKTG101 and your people/planet units as they can be done any time and arent prerequisites for anything.

-fellow appfi/com student
o shit really? didn't even know stats was a prerequisite for finance 1b

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
o shit really? didn't even know stats was a prerequisite for finance 1b
It's not a prerequisite, there is just assumed knowledge, which is a bit of a trap I reckon. I walked into finance 1b without having done stat yet and it did make the group assignment harder bc of the regression stuff.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC

Snowflek

HSC
You'll have to ask the B&E (Business & Economics) Faculty for a "credit overload" - meaning you're doing more than 4 units a semester.
So do i just chuck em a call? or do it on orientation day?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
So do i just chuck em a call? or do it on orientation day?
You can also do a unit or 2 in summer which may be a better option then overload in a semester. Given you don't have a GPA yet then they aren't likely to let you overload.

You don't need to finish all 9 units in the first year, you are expected to do four a semester and do it over a year and a bit at least.

For example you could do

S1 2018
4 100 level units
S2 2018
4 100 level units
S1 2019
1 100 level unit, 3 other level units
or you could do a unit in s3 if its offered.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also I'd recommend you go to the extra revision sessions called "PAL" if they are available for you. I've found them very useful
Can check here if they are available for the subjects you are planning to do
http://timetables.mq.edu.au/2018/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)