Psychology at MQ? (1 Viewer)

janani2556

HSC
Hey guys!
I'm a G18 HSC student and I'm hoping to get some advice from any MQ students who do Pyschology or Law/Psych. Is it an enjoyable course and worth doing?

janani2556

HSC
I've had a peaking interest in psychology over the years and my bio teacher (she's done a bit of psychology) has also got me into it. I'm just looking at my options at the moment and I've heard good things about MQ's facilities, but I like the sound of UNSW as well. ATAR is a bit daunting tho for UNSW.

Frostguard

HSC
Omg someone who wants to do Psych/Law too!!!!
I've heard MQ Psychology is pretty good for employability??
UNSW has the best School of Psychology I think......
USYD psychology is probably good too (unless u do genny maths then bye Felicia imao)

mozzafiato11

HSC
Hey guys!!! It's so good to find other people who want to do psych and especially aiming to get into psych/law!! I would love to go to UNSW but the atar is a wayyy out of my range too!

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
I don't do either Psychology or Law, but I'd recommend UNSW or Macquarie. I can't recommend Usyd cause I don't know anyone who has studied it there.

Macquarie you can expect a competitive, by-the-books environment. Macquarie has a reputation in the psychology community that it certainly wants to keep. I've heard frustrating things about the 200 level Psych subjects, but beyond that- a psychology degree at Macquarie is seen as hands on, gives opportunities to combine it with linguistics and criminology, and overall apt preparation for honours.

UNSW is also terrific. Alot goes on there, it has a wide community of students and alumni, opportunities for experiments, etc.

Really- you may want to use UNSW's trimester calendar as a tie-breaker. Both are fantastic. Note that psychology is pretty full on and is rigorous (its not uncommon for Psych students to take extra subjects in statistics, to gain confidence in the 'hard science' part of psych.)

What are your career goals? Why law as well? Do you see the two fields meshing well? If you are interested in say, forensics maybe a secondary science major would be better than law. Biology is a great starting point for Psychology, but I'm curious to where your passion and motives lie for Law. It's a time consuming degree and costs alot. You need to justify that down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)