ECON359, ECON360, ECON398 or ECON311 (1 Viewer)

chrisccc

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, has anyone enroled to ECON359, ECON360, ECON398 or ECON311 before? Easy or Hard? I have to choose ONE of these as an elective unit and want to know which is the easiest. Since i wanted to aviod heavily loaded class test and exams, which unit is the best. ps: Last semester. Thanks!

thor1990

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hi guys, has anyone enroled to ECON359, ECON360, ECON398 or ECON311 before? Easy or Hard? I have to choose ONE of these as an elective unit and want to know which is the easiest. Since i wanted to aviod heavily loaded class test and exams, which unit is the best. ps: Last semester. Thanks!
Econ360 has a mix of graphs, maths and theory and used to be considered easy. But I believe it's the first time in like 5 years the convenor has changed (same one as econ350) so who knows how the subject will be in semester 2.

ECON311 is a core unit for economic students, so it has a lot of people doing it but I don't think its easy and based on the topics on unit guide it would probably be hard and I heard it involves lots of graphs

ECON359 I heard has no maths or exams, but has a very unique style of assessments e.g reflective blogs. So bit of a gamble but some people have done well in it. It does involve lots of readings.

ECON398 never heard anything about it. I think it's new, especially since there are no units guides in the archives.

What other 300 lvl economic subjects have you done? or have you heard any others are easy? I too am trying to choose one.
Was considering econ359

chrisccc

HSC
N/A
Thank You for answering me! So far I have done ECON 309 and ECON381 and ECON356. Both of them are cores and ECON309 is a hard unit for sure as it involves maths/graphs and theory. ECON356 request a lot of reading and reflective blog/ graded discussion(Maybe its similar to ECON359, same lecturer) I was hoping to choose a unit without exams and same as you. Considering ECON359. Do you have more information about 359? Or any friend had this unit before?

thor1990

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
hmm don't really no anyone who has done it sorry. If the lecturer of econ360 didn't change, I would have definitely recommended that. Did any of your friends do ECON350 last semester or ECON335 last year semester 2 with Ha VU? As if they found it easy maybe econ360 will still be easy as she is now teaching it.

So the convenor for ECON359 is the same as ECON356 and they have the same assessment structure. How did you go in ECON356? and what was the consensus of most people in terms of it being and easy or hard subject to score highly in?

chrisccc

HSC
N/A
My friend did not recommend me to take ECON335 as there are many things to memorise. T/F question for Final. It is tricky as it meant to be hard for the student.

ECON356 as long as you do all the work. It should get you a pass or credit. D above is hard as you have to read through all the articles(around 50 pages per week) and a deep understanding on each topic(topics are different for each week)

For S2, i will choose ECON359. What 200 level do you recommend as well? without exam and easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)