Wanting to apply to MQ using GCE A Levels (1 Viewer)

HSC
(Sorry if i post on the wrong thread)

Hi! So, i'm a domestic student and i took GCE A Levels as my secondary qualification as i studied overseas. I placed Bach and Diploma of Engineering in my UAC preferences for the course i wanted to apply to.

I'm not too sure with the A levels to Atar conversion as i understand it differs from each university but i also placed a Diploma of Engineering in UAC just incase.

I'm just mainly stressed and worried with the waiting for an offer and wanted to ask if there was someone similar to my situation? Is it hard to get into Macquarie? My results aren't terrible but they aren't as great as i wanted them to be.

Also, for the Diploma of Engineering, i understand i would be taking the same lectures as the first years of Bach of Engineering, is there anything else that's different?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll need to have a certain GPA level to transfer into the course.

HSC
Thanks for your reply

When i asked Macquarie, they didn't find any GPA listed, but only units of credit i needed to finish for the diploma?

I did A-Level Mathemathics, Physics, and Chemistry, respectively A, C, C for the grades i achieved. Also i did find these conversion tables such as from the link you gave but they were for international whereas i am a domestic student.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd try submitting a question on Macquarie University site, and someone might be better equipped could respond to you https://ask.mq.edu.au/question.php

Your results should be able to get you into a diploma, and I could see you getting into the bachelor of engineering too.

HSC
Thank you for your positive opinion. I just recently called up Macquarie Student Central and the person took a diploma in engineering as well, so he did help me so much and made my day better.

I was feeling very down yesterday full of worry because in that moment all the pent up thoughts i pushed aside came flowing.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for your positive opinion. I just recently called up Macquarie Student Central and the person took a diploma in engineering as well, so he did help me so much and made my day better.

I was feeling very down yesterday full of worry because in that moment all the pent up thoughts i pushed aside came flowing.
It will be alright in the end mate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)