Examiner rant (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
So I had an exam yesterday and arrive at uni 1 hour before it's meant to commence, which gives me lots of time to find the room and try to relax a bit, which is what I like to do before an exam. So I'm sitting outside the room waiting with my earbuds in, and eventually get up as more and more people show up. As we proceed single file into the examination room, this old examiner personnel guy literally screams at us "NO BAGS ALLOWED, ALL BAGS MUST BE BROUGHT TO MASON THEATER".

Now I'd like to mention that mason was in a completely different building and there had been literally no communication beforehand about bags not being allowed into the room, the guy wouldn't even let us dump them outside because he said they might be stolen (I didn't care at that point I just wanted to get into the room). So this guy made me and a couple other people sprint across two buildings just to dump our bags at the 'bag station' and by the time I get back we're 5 minutes into reading time and that same guy is yelling at the people coming in late when he made us run across campus to dump our bags??? Excuse me???

So yeah, was not happy about that and I honestly wish I said something about nobody telling us about this rule that bags aren't allowed in the room (or outside of it) and about how he was being super rude and didn't need to yell. But at least the exam went well (I think).

/endrant

HSC
N/A
It's well known you can't bring bags into the exam room.
The info is on this link
https://iexams.mq.edu.au/timetable
and it is listed on the information section of your personal timetable.
I'm wondering how you even found your room and seat if you miss this kind of info? Rant denied.

However, if you were willing to risk dumping it "outside" you could have just gone around a corner or something and left it wherever. Hope your exam went well in the end :)

mrstripedshades

HSC
Personally I didn’t know either bags weren’t allowed, it’s not really something that’s well advertised imo. But you can just leave it outside around the corner, rarely anyone takes it or from it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it was fairly common knowledge but seems a touch strange that they did not tell you earlier. Typically they start yelling at people at least 15-20 minutes before exams commence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)