ActurialStudies (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye...
all 3 mods of macquarie uni are studying actuarial

ur question is too broad for words to describe...
we'll be happy to answer specific questions

For people that are really interested, you can just come down for a lecture. No one will notice a stranger.

jayz

walking
sori if i offended anyone

Can u tell me when i can check out the lectures and could u possibly tell me how many hours u commit to studying every wk for uni

thanks alot

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ok...
unfortunately (for you), today was the last day of lectures for this semester. Lectures will commence next semester but that's about a month away.
I can give u lecture times and location for next semester (when they are confirmed) if you're interested.

Hours of study depends on your own ability. I spend alot of time, mainly on the weekends to go over everything for the week. say...15 hrs on the weekend. During the week I'm just doing homework. I waste alot of personal time =/.
However, I think if you wanna succeed in anything, you have to put in the time. The difference is in the difficulty of the exams. It's only semester one of first year, and I'm already feeling the pressure. I'm covering work at a much faster pace than HSC.

Don't let that scare you, it's just uni.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
oh and 1 more thing

it's spelt actuArial studies, not acturial

dw, i only realised that a few weeks before I chose my preferences. you're probably thinking "aw wat..actuarial..dats hard to pronounce".

jayz

walking
It is pretty hard to pronouce
anyway, i heard ActurArial has a high percentage in drop outs each year (i.e. 40%) is that true in any sense? (i am not planning to transfer courses after first yr uni, just want to know the difficulty of the course)
Is their scholarship on offer for the course?

thanks so much :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i think you're being too optimistic there
I believe the drop out rate is somewhere around 70%
Some people argue 2nd yr is the toughest, however some of the current 3rd yrs reckon 3rd yr is the hardest.

The $2500 per year is the super innovation award, given to any mq student with uai of around 99.5 or above. You will have to maintain a high credit/distinction average to continue receiving the $2500.
There is also the one off $1500 innovation award given to remaining people who got high uai's (above 98.5). The number of innovation awards depends on number of super innovations.

There are some other scholarships given to students who absolutely cain certain subjects like acst211 and other later subjects.

There is also the cadetship. Where you get paid around $35,000 a year. You study for the first semester. Then work for the next semester. I dunno about the details.

N

ND

Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-

The $2500 per year is the super innovation award, given to any mq student with uai of around 99.5 or above. You will have to maintain a high credit/distinction average to continue receiving the $2500.
There is also the one off $1500 innovation award given to remaining people who got high uai's (above 98.5). The number of innovation awards depends on number of super innovations.
Are these only available if you put the course as your 1st pref?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
..many factors
* they're old, cant goto high skool
* internationals who aren't good in english, so hsc didnt suit them
* shanghai's market is freeing up and insurance is booming. (that's why every1 doing acst is shanghainese.)

i prolly exaggerated about the fee paying. It's more like...1/3 go in...without getting the required uai. Some of them transfered from SIPT coz they got distinction ave etc.

jayz

walking
On the topic of lecture time periods, once you have received the notice of confirmation on the next lecture times, would u mind posting it on this thread?

Thanks

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
(no..i was gonna give him some 9pm lecture on childhood education)

ye prolly 101 or 211
but 211 will prolly scare off any1

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
nah
ur kewl. u have same nickname as the name on my jersey.
i give timetables to kewl ppl.

flyn's juz buttin in coz he's jealous dat no1 named themselves after him. ...or he juz wanted to increase his postcount.
*shrugs*

101 and 211 are acst subjects next term.
211 has a huge failure rate and is the hardest subject in first1 for acst. But then 101 is the easiest.
So you'll come to 101 and think acst is an easy degree and then you'll goto 211 and feel the g's on ur jaw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)