Results soon! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowbrick

HSC
N/A
Discuss your thoughts here people! What grades you think you'll get, or if you have absolutely no idea!
They come out on the 17th, so relax theres still a whole more week of fun!!!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damn i thought they were coming out 19th...im nervous...if i dont get Cr in stat171 i will kill someone...and comp omg if i fail that omg *cries* I do not want to c the stat/comp lecturers ever again

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hope i get at least 2 D's.

hope is all i have :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
19th july is inaccurate still, as e-student will probably crash :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It is the 19th - people aren't going to jam the servers like when they first did and Macquarie has since updated things (or they better have). YB maybe confused because I said I'd open the thread of the 17th.

I'll celebrate if I get no passes.

Come to think of it - only 8 days away.

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i think it was originally the 17th a while back but they changed it to 19th. I remember seeing an earlier date aswell.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
You're thinking the 12th Jamie.

I'm hoping, in a perfect world, for 1 HD, one D, one Cr and a pass.... thats based on my positions going into the exams.... in reality, one D, 2 Cr and a pass would be great! :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i want HD's/D's. But i wont get it. I think i might get, if im lucky, 1 D and 2 Crs. But usually i have no idea until i look.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Term seem soooo long ago. I have to struggle to remember what subjects I did, let alone how I felt I went in them! ;)

Ideally...
Busl250: D
Stat270: CR
Psy234: D
Psy237 D

But it'll probably be Cr-P-Cr-Cr.... I hate the wait they make us go through, though!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i just got a letter from uni telling me what i owe them 4 nxt semester. i was a lil surprised, seeing we havent got your results yet, unless they know i passed :D

but im pretty sure ill have 2 be re-doing stat170, hope i passed the others, but a CR would be nice

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
i just got a letter from uni telling me what i owe them 4 nxt semester. i was a lil surprised, seeing we havent got your results yet, unless they know i passed :D

but im pretty sure ill have 2 be re-doing stat170, hope i passed the others, but a CR would be nice
you have to pay them whether you pass or fail. And they are always quick to ask for the money bit. :)

*money makes the world go round, the world go round the world.......(endless)*

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
you have to pay them whether you pass or fail. And they are always quick to ask for the money bit. :)

*money makes the world go round, the world go round the world.......(endless)*
lol very true

but i already paid 1st semester off, this is 4 2nd semester

i thought it was a little early, because i can still change what units im doing

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan is right, it doesnt mean you've passed, it just means they want their money. Quickly. Bastards!

Repeating Stat isnt that bad, its a lot simpler second time around, everything just clicks. Basically, as long as you can do chi squared and basic hypothesis testing, you'll be fine (from memory thats where the bulk of the marks were). Unfortunately, stat is in one of the higher bands of HECS fee's, so it'll be another $800 to do it. Bastards.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
did that screw u up with your other subjects though? because im sure with your degree u wouldnt have any electives, or maybe u do

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
No, I passed the rest of them, and in first year I had electives: one in first semester, and two in second. So I used one of my elective gaps in second semester to redo stat, so I'm not behind. In fact, I think it worked out best for me because now I have the option of going back next year or the year after and filling in the credit points I missed because of failing stat, and doing a 3rd year psych or 4th year law unit, rather than a crappy first year nothing subject.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
No, I passed the rest of them, and in first year I had electives: one in first semester, and two in second. So I used one of my elective gaps in second semester to redo stat, so I'm not behind. In fact, I think it worked out best for me because now I have the option of going back next year or the year after and filling in the credit points I missed because of failing stat, and doing a 3rd year psych or 4th year law unit, rather than a crappy first year nothing subject.
i didn't know you failed a subject... that gives me hope because i know i failed acst! yay im not the only one!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you paid your unit fees then decided to drop a unit, it takes them at least a month before they refund your money. Happened to me last year. That's at least $2 in interest.

Also I heard this from somewhere, but most people fail at least one unit during their time at university, and since Macquarie is stingy with marks, this is probably more prevalent at Macquarie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)