Maths and finance (1 Viewer)

FLR-IT

neone noe how this course is?

i hope it does not suck, cos its like the only course open to me that suits what i want

FLR-IT

i read that it is more business that maths am i correct??

and for maths, what type of maths do you do cos i really neva ever wanted to work with numbers after the HSC. hehe

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
its kinda half half...
umm the maths will be like continued from high school...maths 1 is 3 unit / 4unit and abit more... and then it continues from there...

if u want more bizness than maths then just do B.business
if u dun think ull get in B.business then do b.math/fin and transfer...

Last edited:

FLR-IT

hmm, but that would require an extra year

for maths and finance wat type og jobs are there??

are the jobs would be more business orientated?

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Chang is absolutely correct...
B Math and Finance 3 year course its a combination of 2 degree i have many friends whois in the course and they think that there are alot more maths subject than business subject.... hence its not in the business faculty but in the science faculty....

just look at the course structure carefully... make sure that you undertand what each subject means.... look at the description of every subject... to make sure it suits ya....

But if you want to do more business subject... i suggest you do B business major into finance and you can sub-major into mathematics aswell.... you would have a better chance of getting a job....

FLR-IT

the UAC guide describes it as more of a business course, dunno y im getting diff feedback

how does the transder to b.business work, wat GPA is required?

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
if u wanna find out about a course
search it up at the uni web site...
http://uts.edu.au for UTS webbie..

internal transfer ( transfer that is done within the same uni ) is done by filling in a form and writing a supporting statement.
GPA...i guess credit average....

FLR-IT

whats easier a transfer within the same UNI, or lets say a transfer from USYD to UTS, or r they just both equal

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
nope external is harder...cus u have to go thru the uac again...
i dunno if its harder but its more troublesome i guess...
ask mark(tactic) about it...

T

tactic

yea external transfer is a pain in the ass.. going through uac and uts.. (have to do a UTS personal statement)

hmmm i am not sure if it is easier to get in externaly of internaly (by way of marks) i think i remember kath telling me that its hard for internal transfer cos there are less places??

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
internal transfer to IT is harder!!!! cause there are only limited spot for internal transfer!

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Internal transfer for busines omg it seems very easy so many ppl transfered to business with like low credit average

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
all sort of transfers would have a quota.... quota is unknown to the student, only academics know what the quota will be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)