General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well hopefully this thread will help liven up this forum! Talk about stuff here.

Edit: You don't have to talk about UTS, but yeh no spam :p

Last edited:

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Gday champ.
Must say you've been the best tutor I had all sem. But then again, that wasn't too hard haha.

I'd ask some really relevant and thought provoking question about the going-ons at UTS, but I'll probably forget to come back here for another six months. So we shall leave it at that :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Oh! Thankyou :) I'm not sure who you are though, lol. Good luck with your work experience then!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Wee! We have one of these now! Take that unsw!(jk)

SUGGESTION: Everyone who posts in the thread should answer at least one question, and has to make another question to add to the set of questions that people answer.

So who here is doing what?
Have you enjoyed UTS so far?
Whats your (OMGORZ) real life name?
Who is planning on transferring?
What societies are you a member of?
How much do you hate the lifts?
WHAT DO YOU DO TO STOP BOREDOM DURING THOSE LOOONNG BREAKS?

Also, random trivia: the words Bon Marche in french essentially mean really cheap (as in 2 dollar shop cheap or cheap as a 5 cent whore) and you wouldn't guess what building 3 is called...

Also, the people in building 6 are pretty hot.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
So who here is doing what?
It's in my sig!

Have you enjoyed UTS so far?
lol, of course! I wouldn't be a mod if I didn't ;)

Whats your (OMGORZ) real life name?
Jase...which is pretty obvious I hope!

Who is planning on transferring?
I already did transfer 2 or so years ago from BScIT.

What societies are you a member of?
CompSoc of course! (and ProgSoc and Anime)

How much do you hate the lifts?
The Building 10 lifts are awesome! What are you on about :p. Can't say much about the other lifts though, lol.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO STOP BOREDOM DURING THOSE LOOONNG BREAKS?
Well I work at UTS too and I organise stuff for clubs and I hang with my friends, so yeh =p.

My question? Err when do you finish your course?

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Cmon Jase,
If i told you who i was, there'd be no fun in it.
I can't believe you replied already haha, this is the first time i've visited BOS in 6 mths or so.
Anyways, I'm placed at Deloitte for industry, can't wait. Any advice?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
haha well I posted the thread like 5 minutes before you replied, so I was already here!

Deloitte is a great place to work and everyone there is pretty nice. I'm sure you'll have a good time. Just talk to everyone and stuff.

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Sweet as mate. Will you still be around next year?

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
1. so did they close down the st. leonards campus or something?

2. saturday exams suck

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hmmm... I should probably answer my own questions!:p

I'm Evan and I'm doing BA Communications (Writing & Cultures) at UTS, just started this year annd should hopefully finish in 2008. I've been flirting with the idea of transferring to either BCA (Creative Writing) at UOW, BSci in Communications (Psychology) at UNSW or BA in Communications (Writing & Cultures)/BA in International Studies (French) at good old UTS mainly because first sem has been a bit ick so far, dunno if I'll actually ed up going through with any of those but we'll see. I'm not a member of any socs though I have to admit FRESS looks cool so I might check that out.

Oh, oh oh and I HATE the lifts, at least in Bon Marche - the lifts sound like cats being anal raped by meat hooks...not that I'd know what that sounds like or anything ...

And I generally go to Broadway during breaks and get pasta and then get bored for the next hour and a half..:/

And I can't believe you are a tutor Jase, you have to be bald/grey haired/menopausal to be a tutor otherwise it doesn't fit into the space time continuum.:/

OH! I have another - what subjects have you done 1st sem and will be doing 2nd sem? For stalkage purposes:D

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
ztrask02 said:
Sweet as mate. Will you still be around next year?
I've finished my course now, so I'll be mainly working. I'd like to tutor part-time though, but I'll see if there are any spots.

ishq

brown?
HSC
UTS is the BOMB.
Especially the huge screen in Building I that tells you were your exam is. Priceless.

EXAMS ARE OVER. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
seremify007 said:
This thread is such a UNSW wannabe! jkjk
LOL. Yeah, you guys actually need a chitchat thread telling people to talk.

Macq forums > all

HSC
N/A
So who here is doing what? *points to sig* ghey 1st year
Have you enjoyed UTS so far? I really like UTS which is shit cuz I kinda wanna switch courses to one that UTS doesn't offer
Whats your (OMGORZ) real life name? Bec
Who is planning on transferring? Yessum.. I think I wanna do MBBS :( mebbe
What societies are you a member of? Erm.. none. But I did wanna join the debating thingie lol and the forensic and chem one *nod*
How much do you hate the lifts? The lifts suck balls. especially the fucking weird tower ones that like only stop on even or odd floors. wtfzors.
WHAT DO YOU DO TO STOP BOREDOM DURING THOSE LOOONNG BREAKS? eat indian food from the dirty woman that rips you off*.

* Note: 'from' as in, bought from her, not like eating off her body.

this semester i did chem, med sci, cge and stats, next semester depending on my final marks, will be doing biomolecules, chem 2, med sci 2 aaaaaaand physics.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
When do we go back anyway?
*imagines self accidentally missing uni for weeks on end cos he thinks its still holidays*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)